UP Government launched the Women Entrepreneurship Scheme 2014-15
The Women Entrepreneurship Scheme 2014-15 was launched by UP Government to empower women and ensure their participation in the process of industrialization.
Uttar Pradesh (UP) government on 2 December 2014 launched the Women Entrepreneurship Scheme 2014-15 to empower women and ensure their participation in the process of industrialization.
Under the scheme, the state government is encouraging micro-level and individual traditional industries and handicraft units to form a special purpose vehicle (SPV).
The collection of 25 or more such units would qualify for benefits under a scheme that seeks to boost traditional Indian craft such as chikankari, terracotta, zari, zardozi and toys.
Highlights of the Women Entrepreneurship Scheme 2014-15
• The Central government will provide 70 percent of the 15 crore rupees under the scheme.
• The unemployed women are eligible for easy seed capital to start their own micro or small enterprise.
• The loan will be provided by nationalized banks, financial institutions or the State Financial Corporation for the purchase of plant and machinery.
• The beneficiaries are entitled to a loan of 50000 rupees per year at five percent interest subjected to a ceiling of 2.50 lakh rupees in five years.
• This scheme is applicable to both manufacturing and service sector units.
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐपAndroidIOS