Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt on 27 August 2015 won the 200 meter title at the 2015 World Championships in Athletics held at Beijing in China.
Bolt completed the race in 19.55 seconds surpassing his American rival Justin Gatlin who completed the race in 19.74 seconds.
Earlier, on 23 August 2015, he also won the 100 metre gold against the same rival Justin Gatlin.
Usain Bolt and his records
• He is widely regarded as the fastest person ever. He is the first man to hold both the 100 metres and 200 metres world records since fully automatic time measurements became mandatory in 1977. His records and titles include
• Six Olympic Gold medals: these medals were won at Beijing Olympic 2008 and London Olympics in 2012 in three events and they were 100 metres , 200 metres and 4x100 metres
• Ten World Championships Gold Medals: these medals were won at Berlin 2009 in events 100 metres , 200 metres and 4x100metres , Daegu 2011 in events 200 metres and 4x100 metres, Moscow 2013 in events 100 metres , 200metres and 4x100metres and in 100 metres and 200 metres events in Beijing in 2015.
• One Gold medal at Commonwealth Games: won at Glasgow 2014 in 4x100 metres event
• He also holds the world records of covering 100 metres s in 9.88 seconds and 200 metres in 19.19 seconds
The 28-year-old six-time Olympic gold medalist declared that he would retire after 2017 World Championships in London.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
What: Won by Usain Bolt
When: 27 August 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.