Indian-origin Vasan Srinivasan was on 18 December 2014 inducted into an Australian national body Australian Multicultural Council (AMC). He will be serving the council till 16 December 2017.
Srinivasan is currently the Chairman of Confederation of Indian Australian Associations.
• Vasan was a former Member of the Lord Mayor’s Charitable Grants Committee. He was a Member of Family Panel from 2003 - 2013
• Vasan is the Founder, Member, Chairman of the Multicultural Liberal Business Club (MLBC). Earlier, he served as the president of Federation of Indian Associations of Victoria.
• Vasan was appointed as the Vice Chairman for the 2010 Commonwealth Games Committee in India for the closing ceremony in Delhi.
• He was also the founding member of Federation of Indian Multi-Faith Organisations of Victoria (FIMO).
Australian Multicultural Council (AMC)
• AMC is a six-member council that advices the Australian government on multicultural affairs and policy programmes.
• It is a ministerial appointed body that works with a focus on harnessing economic and social benefits of Australia's culturally diverse population.
• It advices the government on ways to sustain and support social cohesion within communities.
• It works to ensure that all Australians have the opportunity to participate, engage and contribute to Australian life.
Who: Vasan Srinivasan
When: 18 December 2014