Veteran Gandhian and freedom fighter Chunibhai Vaidya passed away on 19 December 2014 at Ahmedabad, Gujarat following brief illness. He was 97.
• Chunibhai Vaidya was born on 2 September 1918 in a small village in Patan district of North Gujarat.
• He began his life in activism with freedom struggle. He also actively participated in Vinoba Bhave’s Bhoodan Movement.
• Being an editor of Bhoomiputra magazine, he raised battle against political emergency in 1975 and faced imprisonment.
• Vaidya formed Gujarat Lok Samiti, a voluntary organization in 1980.
• He was felicitated with Vishva Gujarati Pratibha award by Vishva Gujarati Samaj.
• He wrote a book titled Assassination of Gandhi : Facts and Falsehood which was translated and published in eleven languages.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.