Vice Admiral Anurag G Thapliyal on 28 February 2013 took over as the twentieth Director General of the Indian Coast Guard. He is the successor of the outgoing Vice Admiral MP Muralidharan.
Admiral Anurag G Thapliyal
• He was commissioned on Indian Navy on 1 July 1977 and since then held different sea and operational appointments
• He is a Navigation and Aircraft Direction specialist
• Few of his sea appointments include command of INS Ajay, Khukri, Tabar and Mysore
• He had served as the fleet operations officer for Eastern Fleet at Visakhapatnam
• He was promoted to the rank of Vice Admiral, when he was a Commandant of Indian Naval Academy Ezhimala
• He is an alumnus of Naval War College, USA and Defence Services Staff College Wellington
• He holds two Masters Degrees in Physics and Defence Studies
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.