Vice President of India Mohammad Hamid Ansari on 9 January 2015 presented the Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Awards 2015 to sixteen personalities. The awards were presented during the occasion of Pravasi Bhartiya Divas at Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
The awardees were:
1. Mala Mehta from Australia
2. President Donald Rabindernauth Ramaotar from Guyana
3. Dr Rajaram Sanjaya from Mexico
4. Kanwaljit Singh Bakshi from New Zealand
5. Rajamal Parakh from Oman
6. Duraikannu Karunakaran from Seychelles
7. Essop Goolam Pahad from South Africa
8. Bharat Kumar Jayantilal Shah from UAE
9. Ashraf Pellarkunnmal from UAE
10. Mahendra Nanji Mehta from Uganda
11. Nathuram Puri from the United Kingdom
12. Satyanarayan Nadela from USA
13. Kamlesh Lulla from the US
14. Nandani Tandon from US
15. Lord Raj Lumba from the United Kingdom
Apart from these fifteen awardees, Senator Liza Singh from Australia also received the award as he could not accept the award in 2014
About the Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Awards
The Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Award was constituted by the Union Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs to honour the contributions of Non-Resident Indians in their respective profession. The award is given by the President of India.
Organized annually since 2003, the award is presented to a Non-Resident Indian (NRI), Person of Indian Origin or an organization established and run by the NRIs.
When: 9 January 2015