A book entitled Sangharsh ke safar ka nayak Mulayam written by Omveer Tomar was released by the Vice President of India, Hamid Ansari on 17 January 2014 at a function. The book was released to mark the birthday of Mulayam Singh, who is the chief of his party SP. He turns of 75 in age on 22 November 2013.
During the launch of the book, the Vice President said that farmers are the base of the country and has been a main part of progress of India. He also cited the slogan Jai Jawan Jai Kisan of the former Prime Minister late Lal Bhahadur Shastri as an example, as the countries growth depends on the farmers and the youths.
About Mulayam Singh
• He held the post of Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh three times
• He was appointed India's Defense Minister in 1996
• He formed the Samajwadi Party in October 1992
• He was born in Etawah on 22 November 1939
• He has mainly been influenced by Ram Manohar Lohia, who joined the great socialist leader's movement during the 1950s to fight for farmers rights.
• In 1967 he became an MLA in the UP assembly for the first time
• He was jailed in 1975 during the Emergency
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
PM Modi plans to connect with youth through his book to be published later this year
Indira Gandhi: A Life in Nature authored by Jairam Ramesh launched
Mitchell’s book, Who Has Seen the Wind, returned to library after 52 years with apology note
India might become an educationally failed nation: Ganesh Devy