Vice-President Venkaiah Naidu officially launched the Sports Ministry’s much-awaited ‘National Sports Talent Search Portal’ on 28 August 2017 at a function in the Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium in New Delhi.
Union Sports Minister Vijay Goel was also present at the occasion among other ministers.
About the Portal
• The portal will enable any person from across country to upload his/her information through a simple three step process for registration, profile creation and upload of achievements.
• As per the information provided, the Sports Ministry will tap their talent and train them further in their respective disciplines and provide them with a platform to showcase their sporting abilities irrespective of their social or economic status.
• Around 1000 children will be selected and they will receive scholarships worth Rs 5 lakh per year for eight years.
• The talent search portal will be available in English as well as other regional languages, in order to ensure language doesn’t serve as a barrier for any boy or girl from uploading their achievements.
• The portal will also be available as an App enabling it to be downloaded on smart phones.
Significance of the Portal
The sports talent search portal mainly aims to ensure that the grassroot population in India also gets an opportunity to contribute their share in sports.
When: 28 August 2017
President Ram Nath Kovind’s visit to Cyprus: Key Highlights
India records best-ever performance at Asian Games 2018: In Detail
Indus Waters Treaty: India, Pakistan agree to undertake Treaty mandated tours on both sides
Vodafone-Idea merger completed; creating India’s largest telecom service provider