Wealth-X released World's 20 Most Generous People list; Azim Premji ranked fourth
Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates was adjudged as the top philanthropist in the world with 27 billion US dollars donations in his lifetime.
Wealth-X on 25 November 2015 released the World’s 20 Most Generous People list. It was prepared by considering all the donations given by individuals till date.
While Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates was adjudged as the top philanthropist in the world, Wipro’s Chairman Azim Premji was the only Indian in the list and stood at the fourth position.
And, these 20 individuals made a combined donation to the tune of 106.8 billion US dollars in their life time.
List of World’s 20 Most Generous People
1. Bill Gates, Founder of Microsoft ($27 billion)
2. Warren Buffett, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway ($21.5 billion)
3. George Soros, Founder of Soros Fund Management ($8 billion)
4. Azim Premji, Chairman of Wipro ($8 billion)
5. Charles Francis Feeney, Co-founder of Duty Free Shoppers Group ($6.3 billion)
6. Sulaiman bin Abdul Aziz Al Rajhi, Co-founder of Al Rajhi Bank ($5.7 billion)
7. Gordon Moore, Co-founder of Intel ($5 billion)
8. Carlos Slim Helu a Mexican Telecom tycoon
9. Eli Broad, Co-founder of KB Home ($3.3 billion)
10. George Kaiser, Chairman of BOK Financial Corporation ($3.3 billion)
11. Michael Bloomberg, Founder of Bloomberg LP ($3 billion)
12. Paul Allen, Co-founder of Microsoft ($2 billion)
13. Mark Zuckerberg, Founder of Facebook ($1.6 billion)
14. Li Ka-shing, Chairman of CK Hutchison Holdings ($1.4 billion)
15. Jon Huntsman Sr, Founder of Huntsman Chemical Corporation ($1.2 billion)
16. Ted Turner, Founder of CNN ($2.1 billion)
17. James Simons, a Hedge Fund Manager ($1.2 billion)
18. Michael Dell, Founder of Dell ($1.1 billion)
19. Pierre Omidyar, Co-founder of eBay ($1 billion)
20. Dietmar Hopp, Co-founder of SAP ($1 billion)
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐपAndroidIOS