Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader quizzes of the week that covers important happenings of the week. The section revises selected quizzes from the week to help its readers in revising the most important happenings. The topics covered this week include India and Israel agreements, UNESCO-Madanjeet Singh Prize for the Promotion of Tolerance and Non-Violence and word of the year 2016 among others.
1. India and Israel inked two agreements on 15 November 2016. Consider the following statements in context to the same.
I. Agreement on water resources management and agriculture was inked.
II. It was inked during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Israel
III. Inder Kumar Gujral was the first Indian Prime Minister to Visit Israel
Which is/are correct?
a) Only I
b) Only I and II
c) Only II and III
d) I, II and III
2. Which historic Indian monument is featured on the backside of new 500 rupee notes?
a) Red Fort
b) Taj Mahal
c) Qutub Minar
d) India Gate
3. Who is the winner of the 2016 UNESCO-Madanjeet Singh Prize for the Promotion of Tolerance and Non-Violence?
a) Ibrahim Ag Idbaltanat
b) Anarkali Kaur Honaryar
c) Joint Action Committee for People's Rights
d) Federal Research and Methodological Center for Tolerance Psychology and Education
4. Which of the following was declared as the word of the year 2016 by Oxford Dictionaries?
5. RBI in November 2016 constituted an eight-member task force to re-calibrate all ATMs functioning in India. Who of the following was appointed as the chairman of the task force?
a) SS Mundra
b) NS Vishwanathan
c) R Gandhi
d) Harun R Khan
6. Which of the following became the first state in India to adopt a resolution welcoming the demonetisation scheme of the union government?
7. India and ADB signed 500 million US dollar loan to build country’s longest river bridge across Ganges River. The bridge will be located in which of the following states?
b) Uttar Pradesh
d) West Bengal
8. Nawaz Sharif recently inaugurated the operational activities of the Gwadar Port, which is a strategic part of which of the following projects?
a) Chabahar Deal
b) One Belt, One Road
c) Maritime Silk Projects
d) China Pakistan Economic Corridor
9. Who won the 2016 Hero Women's Indian Open?
a) Brittany Lincicome
b) Aditi Ashok
c) Belen Mozo
d) None of the above
10. What was the theme of the 2016 World Pneumonia Day?
a) Keep the Promise, Stop Pneumonia Now
b) Universal access to pneumonia prevention and care
c) Every Breath Counts: Stop Pneumonia Now
d) None of the above
11. Name the former Governor of Jammu and Kashmir who died recently.
a) Sikander Bakht
b) Akhlaqur Rahman Kidwai
c) Janaki Ballabh Patnaik
d) Srinivas Kumar Sinha
12. World Toilet Day was observed on 19 November 2016 with which theme?
a) Toilets and jobs
b) I give a shit, do you?
c) Equality and dignity
d) Toilets and nutrition
13. Who was named as the National Security Advisor by Donald Trump, the new President-elect of the USA?
a) John O. Brennan
b) Mike Flynn
c) George J. Tenet
d) Mike Pompeo
14. Who of the following was appointed the Executive Chairman of the National Legal Services Authority?
a) Jagdish Singh Khehar
b) Anil R. Dave
c) Tirath Singh Thakur
d) Dipak Misra
15. The Indian Navy recently inducted four SONAR systems to boosts its underwater surveillance capabilities. Which of the following is NOT one of these four systems?
1. (a) Only I
2. (a) Red Fort
3. (d) Federal Research and Methodological Center for Tolerance Psychology and Education
4. (d) Post-truth
5. (a) SS Mundra
6. (c) Chhattisgarh
7. (a) Bihar
8. (d) China Pakistan Economic Corridor
9. (b) Aditi Ashok
10. (a) Keep the Promise, Stop Pneumonia Now
11. (d) Srinivas Kumar Sinha
12. (a) Toilets and jobs
13. (b) Mike Flynn
14. (a) Jagdish Singh Khehar
15. 1. (d) PACS