Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader quizzes of the week that covers important happenings of the week. The section revises selected quizzes from the week to help its readers in revising the most important happenings. The topics covered this week include topics like Indo-Nepal joint military exercise Surya Kiran, Agricultural Marketing & Farm Friendly Reforms Index and 2016 Vigilance Awareness Week among others.
1. The Benami Transactions (Prohibition) Amendment Act, 2016 that came into effect on 1 November 2016. Consider the following statements in context to the project
I. The Act was formulated to curb black money
II. With this, the existing Benami Transactions (Prohibition) Act, 1980 will be renamed as the Prohibition of Benami Property Transactions (PBPT) Act, 1980
III. It provides for seven years imprisonment and fine for those indulging in illegal transactions.
Which is/are correct?
a) Only III
b) Only I and II
c) Only I and III
d) I, II and III
2. Name the state that topped the list of state-wise Ease of Doing Business rankings that was released by Union Government.
a) Andhra Pradesh
c) Tamil Nadu
3. What was the theme of the 2016 Rashtriya Ekta Diwas that was observed recently?
a) Run for Unity
b) Unification of Bharat
c) Integration of India
d) None of the above
4. Who of the following was adjudged as the Player of the Series of the fife-match ODI series played between India and New Zealand?
a) Amit Mishra
b) Virat Kohli
c) Hardik Pandya
d) Kane Williamson
5. India in October 2016 signed MoU for setting up of Techo Park in a country. Name the country.
6. Union Government notifies rules for Real Estate Act for five Union Territories (UTs). Which of the following UT is not part of the notification?
a) Andaman and Nicobar Islands
c) Daman and Diu
7. Who of the following was appointed as the brand ambassador of Swachh Rail Mission?
a) Bindeshwar Pathak
b) Kailash Satyarthi
c) Amitabh Bachchan
d) Sachin Tendulkar
8. Name the joint military exercise that will be held between India and Bangladesh at Tangail, Dhaka from 5 to 18 November 2016.
a) MITRA SAKTI
c) SURYA KIRAN
9. As per UK’s high court, the government does not have the power to invoke an article of European Union treaty. Which article was highlighted by the court?
a) Article 20
b) Article 36
c) Article 50
d) Article 125
10. Name the tribe whose history was recently launched in Hindi language by Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla.
11. Name the news channel that was asked by inter-ministerial committee to be taken off air for 24 hours on 10 November 2016.
a) ABP news
c) Zee news
d) News 24
12. RBI recently directed all the banks to dispense more banknotes through ATMs of which denomination?
a) 10 rupees notes
b) 20 rupees notes
c) 50 rupees notes
d) 100 rupees notes
13. Name the person appointed as CEO of the World Bank?
a) Kristalina Georgieva
b) Jason McCracken
c) Antonio Guterres
d) Abdelilah Benkirane
14. What is the theme of the World Tsunami Awareness Day?
a) Effective Education and Evacuation Drills
b) Effective Evacuation Drills
c) Effective Evacuation Drills: Be Safe
d) None of the above
15. What was the theme for the Global Media and Information Literacy Week 2016 that was observed from 31 October to 5 November 2016?
a) Promoting Poverty Reduction among Young Girls through Female Entrepreneurship
b) Fostering Freedom of Expression
c) Protecting Our Heritage and Fostering Creativity
d) Media and Information Literacy: New Paradigms for Intercultural Dialogue
1. (c) Only I and III
2. (a) Andhra Pradesh
3. (c) Integration of India
4. (a) Amit Mishra
5. (c) Palestine
6. (d) Delhi
7. (a) Bindeshwar Pathak
8. (d) SAMPRITI
9. (c) Article 50
10. (b) Mizo
11. (b) NDTV
12. (d) 100 rupees notes
13. (a) Kristalina Georgieva
14. (a) Effective Education and Evacuation Drills
15. (d) Media and Information Literacy: New Paradigms for Intercultural Dialogue