Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader quizzes of the week that covers important happenings of the week. The section revises selected quizzes from the week to help its readers in revising the most important happenings. The topics covered this week include topics like India-Qatar agreements, civil nuclear cooperation agreement signed and South America’s trade group Mercosur among others.
1. India and Qatar in November 2016 signed four agreements to boost the bilateral relations between the two nations. Consider the following statements in context to the project
I. Agreement on the exemption from visa requirement for holders of diplomatic, special and official passports was inked
II. Protocol on Technical Cooperation in cyber space and combating cyber crime
III. It was inked during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Qatar
Which is/are correct?
a) Only III
b) Only I and II
c) Only I and III
d) I, II and III
2. Name the country with which India on 9 December 2016 signed a civil nuclear cooperation agreement.
b) South Korea
3. The Ministerial Conference of the Heart of Asia-Istanbul Process concluded with adopting a declaration. Name it.
a) Amritsar Declaration
b) Kabul Declaration
c) Islamabad Declaration
d) Hyderabad Declaration
4. What was the theme of the 2016 World Soil Day?
a) Soils and pulses, a symbiosis for life
b) Soils, foundation for family farming
c) Soils, a solid ground for life
d) None of the above
5. Which of the following countries was recently removed from the South America’s trade group Mercosur?
6. Who was recently awarded with the 2016 IAAF female Athlete of the Year award?
a) Genzebe Dibaba
b) Valerie Adams
c) Almaz Ayana
d) Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce
7. Which State government has proposed the making of an anti-child trafficking panel?
d) West Bengal
8. What is the theme of 2016 Heart of Asia (HoA) ministerial conference?
a) Addressing challenges, achieving prosperity
b) E-connectivity for prosperity
c) Peace: Priority for all
d) Connect world with harmony
9. High Court of the state has struck down the Special Backward Classes reservation given to Gujjars and five other communities of the state. Name the state.
b) Uttar Pradesh
10. Konkan 16 that recently commenced in Mumbai, Maharashtra is an annual maritime exercise between which of the following countries?
a) India and China
b) India and Japan
c) India and United Kingdom
d) India and Sri Lanka
11. Fisher recently made a comeback in the state of Washington, USA. The species belong to which of the family?
12. Who was recently awarded with the 2016 IAAF male Athlete of the Year award?
a) Ashton Eaton
b) Usain Bolt
c) Renaud Lavillenie
d) David Rudisha
13. The Archaeological Survey of India has discovered a 10,500-year-old camping site. Where is it located?
a) Lahaul and Spiti Valley
b) Abbott Mount
14. Hindi language fetched what rank on the 2016 World Power Language Index (PLI)?
15. Name the first American astronaut to Orbit Earth who passed away recently.
a) Alan Shepard
b) John Glenn
c) Buzz Aldrin
d) Guion Bluford
1.(b) Only I and II
2. (a) Vietnam
3. (a) Amritsar Declaration
4. (a) Soils and pulses, a symbiosis for life
5. (d) Venezuela
6. (c) Almaz Ayana
7.(d) West Bengal
8. (a) Addressing challenges, achieving prosperity
9. (d) Rajasthan
10. (c) India and United Kingdom
11. (b) Weasel
12. (b) Usain Bolt
13. (c) Ladakh
14. (b) 10th
15. (b) John Glenn