Weekly Current Affairs Q&A: 28 June to 4 July 2021
The week's updated quizzes cover topics such as Asia’s longest high-speed track for automobiles, India’s first indigenous aircraft carrier, youngest-ever Chess Grandmaster in history and Khel Ratna Award nominees among others.
28 June to 4 July 2021: The Weekly Current Affairs Quiz section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The week's updated quizzes cover topics such as Asia’s longest high-speed track for automobiles, India’s first indigenous aircraft carrier, youngest-ever Chess Grandmaster in history and Khel Ratna Award nominees among others.
1. Asia’s longest high-speed track for automobiles has been inaugurated in which Indian city?
2. Which among the following cities record world's highest temperature?
3. PM Modi inaugurated a Zen garden in which state on June 27, 2021?
b) Madhya Pradesh
c) Uttar Pradesh
4. This former Indian Prime Minister's 100th birth anniversary was observed on June 28, 2021.
a) Lal Bahadur Shastri
b) Morarji Desai
c) PV Narasimha Rao
d) Atal Bihari Vajpayee
5. Which vaccine effectively neutralises both Alpha and Delta variant of COVID-19, as per US’ National Institute of Health?
d) Sputnik V
6. Which company has been granted permission to import Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine?
c) Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories
7. Which nation's former President Jacob Zuma has been sentenced to 15 months in jail?
d) South Africa
8. What is the name of India’s first indigenous aircraft carrier, which will be commissioned in 2022?
a) INS Shaurya
b) INS Arjun
c) INS Vikrant
d) INS Arya
9. Which among the following vaccine makers has sought emergency use approval from the Indian drugs regulator for its COVID-19 vaccine, ZyCoV-D?
a) Zydus Cadila
c) Gennova Biopharmaceuticals
d) Biological E. Limited
10. Which among the following COVID-19 vaccine is a single dose vaccine?
d) Sputnik light
11. Who among the following entrepreneurs has decided to fly to the edge of space?
a) Elon Musk
b) Sir Richard Branson
c) Bill Gates
d) Charles Koch
12. Who has become the youngest-ever Chess Grandmaster in history?
a) Pratyush Chaudhary
b) Abhimanyu Mishra
c) Stanley Jacob
d) Abhyudey Pandey
13. Who among the following has been recommended by the BCCI for the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award 2021?
a) R Ashwin
b) KL Rahul
c) Jasprit Bumrah
d) Shikhar Dhawan
14. Who has become the youngest Indian cricketer to play in all formats?
a) Shafali Verma
b) Taniya Bhatia
c) Sneh Rana
d) Smriti Mandhana
1. (d) Indore
Union Minister of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises Prakash Javadekar on June 29, 2021 inaugurated NATRAX- the High-Speed Track(HST) for automobiles in Indore. The track is the longest such track in Asia and the world's fifth-longest.
2. (b) Jacobabad
Jacobabad city in Pakistan’s Sindh province records the world's highest temperature, up to almost 52°C (126 Fahrenheit) in midsummers. During mid-summer severe heatwaves, the city that has a population of about 200,000 people is forced to retreat inside.
3. (a) Gujarat
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on June 27, 2021 inaugurated a Zen Garden and Kaizen Academy at Ahmedabad Management Association (AMA) in Ahmedabad through a video conference. The Prime Minister termed the dedication of the Zen Garden and Kaizen Academy, as a symbol of ease and modernity of the India-Japan relationship.
4. (c) P. V. Narasimha Rao
Former Indian Prime Minister PV Narasimha Rao's 100th birth anniversary was observed on June 28, 2021. He was born on June 28, 1921 and passed away on December 23, 2004. He served as the 9th Prime Minister of India from 1991 to 1996.
5. (b) Covaxin
India’s Covaxin effectively neutralises both Alpha and Delta variants of coronavirus, said the US’ National Institute of Health (NIH). The NIH said that the results of two studies of blood serum that was taken from people who had received Covaxin suggest that the vaccine generates antibodies that effectively neutralise the B.1.1.7 (Alpha) and B.1.617 (Delta) variants of SARS-CoV-2.
6. (a) Cipla
The Drug Controller General of India (DGCI) on June 29, 2021, granted permission to Cipla, a Mumbai-based multinational pharmaceutical company, to import Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine for the restricted emergency use in India.
7. (d) South Africa
South Africa's former President Jacob Zuma has been sentenced to 15 months in jail by the country's highest court. He has been given five days to hand himself over to the police.
8. (c) INS Vikrant
India’s first indigenous aircraft carrier (IAC-1) INS Vikrant is expected to be commissioned by 2022 as a tribute to the country’s 75 years of Independence.
9. (a) Zydus Cadila
Indian drugmaker Zydus Cadila informed on July 1, 2021 that it has submitted its application at the Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) for emergency use approval of its COVID-19 vaccine, ZyCoV-D. The drug manufacturer plans to manufacture up to 120 million doses of the shot annually.
10. (d) Sputnik light
Sputnik Light comprises the first dose component of the Russian vaccine, Sputnik V. Sputnik Light is a one-dose vaccine like the Johnson & Johnson COVID vaccine. It was approved in Russia on June 2nd.
11. (b) Sir Richard Branson
Sir Richard Branson, an English business magnate has announced that he will fly to the edge of space on July 11th or soon after. He will be a passenger in the back of the Unity rocket plane, which his Virgin Galactic company has been developing in the US since almost two decades.
12. (b) Abhimanyu Mishra
Abhimanyu Mishra, a 12-years old Indian-origin boy, became the youngest ever Grandmaster in Chess on June 30, 2021. Abhimanyu, from New Jersey, broke the record of 12 years and 7 months set by GM Sergey Karjakin in 2002.
13. (a) R Ashwin
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has decided to nominate the names of R Ashwin and women's Test and ODI skipper Mithali Raj for the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award. The board has also decided to recommend the names of KL Rahul, Jasprit Bumrah and Shikhar Dhawan for the Arjuna Award.
14. (a) Shafali Verma
Teen sensation Shafali Verma on June 27, 2021 became the youngest Indian cricketer to make her debut in all three formats after she was named in the playing XI for the first ODI against England.