11 June to 17 June 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise at ease. The week's updated quizzes cover the topics like Global Peace Index 2018, Shanghai Cooperation Organisation and Trump-Kim Summit among others.
1. What was India’s rank in the Global Peace Index 2018?
2. Which country hosted the 18th edition of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) summit 2018?
3. What was the theme of 2018 World Oceans Day (WOD)?
a) Preventing plastic pollution and encouraging solutions for a healthy ocean
b) Beat plastic pollution
c) Plastic Pollution: Damaging the oceans
d) Healthy Oceans, Healthy Planet
4. Which nation has assured India full cooperation in bringing to book any fugitive?
5. In a first, a sitting President of the United States met this nation’s leader for the first time in the last 60 years.
b) North Korea
6. Where the 11th World Hindi Conference will be held?
a) Sri Lanka
7. India will soon start producing which of the following?
a) Mini satellites
b) Solar-powered cars
c) Lithium Ion batteries
d) All of them
8. Which organisation has constituted Expert Committee to frame rules for direct listing of Indian firms abroad?
b) NITI Aayog
c) Union Finance Ministry
9. How many iconic sites were announced under the Phase III of the Swachh Iconic Places recently?
10. Which country in the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation grouping opposed China's One Belt and One Road Initiative?
1. (a) 136th
India was ranked 136th among 163 countries in Global Peace Index 2018 due to a reduction in the level of violent crime driven by increased law enforcement. The Index is prepared by Sydney-based international think-tank Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP).
2. (b) China
The 18th edition of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) summit was held in Qingdao, China on June 9-10, 2018. The summit concluded with the adoption of the Qingdao declaration. The declaration calls for implementing the three-year plan to combat terrorism, separatism and extremism.
3. (a) Preventing plastic pollution and encouraging solutions for a healthy ocean
The World Oceans Day was observed on June 8, 2018 to provide an opportunity to take personal and community action to conserve the ocean and its resources. The 2018 conservation action theme was “Preventing plastic pollution and encouraging solutions for a healthy ocean”.
4. (b) UK
The United Kingdom has assured India of full co-operation towards bringing to book anybody whether it is Vijay Mallya or Nirav Modi who is wanted in India by Indian courts or agencies. This was stated by Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju after his meeting with UK Minister of state for counter terrorism Baroness Williams in New Delhi on June 11, 2018.
5. (b) North Korea
In a historic first, delegation level talks between US President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un began in Singapore on June 12. The world’s two of the most powerful leaders held a brief one-on-one meeting at the Capella Hotel in Sentosa Island before beginning with their delegation level talks. This is the first time that a sitting US president has met a North Korean leader in the last 60 years.
6. (b) Mauritius
The 11th World Hindi Conference will be held in Mauritius from August 18 to August 20, 2018 with an aim to increase the popularity of Hindi globally. The Union External Affairs Ministry has already undertaken the work on the international meet.
7. (c) Lithium Ion batteries
The Central Electro Chemical Research Institute (CECRI), Karaikudi, Tamil Nadu under Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) and RAASI Solar Power Pvt Ltd on June 10, 2018 signed a Memorandum of Agreement (MoU) for transfer of technology for India’s first Lithium Ion (Li-ion) Battery project.
8. (d) SEBI
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) on June 12, 2018 constituted an Expert Committee to frame rules for direct listing of Indian firms abroad. The panel will examine the economic case for permitting direct listing of Indian companies overseas and listing of Indian companies on foreign bourses in India.
9. (b) 10
Parameswaran Iyer, Secretary of the Union Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation, on June 12, 2018 launched the Phase III of ‘Swachh Iconic Places’ (SIP) under PM Narendra Modi’s Swachh Bharat Mission. The Ministry also launched ten new iconic sites under the third phase of the flagship Swachh Iconic Places project.
10. (d) India
India on June 10, 2018 refused to endorse Chinese President Xi Jinping’s One Belt, One Road (OBOR) project as part of a joint declaration at the 18th Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Summit in Qingdao. The summit was attended by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.