Weekly Current Affairs Quiz: 14 October to 20 October 2019
Jagran Josh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise at ease with Current Affairs Quizzes section.
14 October to 20 October 2019: Jagran Josh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise at ease with Current Affairs Quizzes section. The week's updated quizzes cover the topics like Buddha Circuit Special Train, Khon Ramlila and NH- 703AA among others.
1. IRCTC’s Buddha Circuit Special Train will take how many days to complete its journey?
2. Which Indian player, at the age of 30, has made a debut in India vs South Africa Series?
a. Ajay Punia
b. Sanjay Singh
c. Shahbaz Nadeem
d. Rashid Faizan
3. Specify the number of women astronauts did a spacewalk without the help of any male astronaut.
4. Who has recently approved the proposal to give admission to girls from the session 2021-22 in Sainik Schools?
a. Nirmala Sitharaman
b. Rajnath Singh
c. Amit Shah
d. Narendra Modi
5. Which state’s cultural department has approved India's first training and demonstration program for 'Khon Ramlila'?
d. Uttar Pradesh
6. According to the recently released UNICEF report, what percentage of Indian Children are underweight?
a. 33 per cent
b. 28 per cent
c. 20 per cent
d. 13 per cent
7. What will be India's economic growth rate for the year 2019 and 2020 as per the report released by IMF?
a. 5.5 per cent
b. 6.1 per cent
c. 6.5 per cent
d. 7 per cent
8. China and Nepal signed how many agreements during a bilateral meeting?
9. Which Indian state is organizing its annual Shirui Lily Festival 2019?
d. Arunachal Pradesh
10. A new national highway NH- 703AA connecting Gobindwal Sahib and Taran Tarana in Punjab named after which Sikh Guru?
a. Guru Nanak Dev
b. Swami Vivekananda
c. Guru Ram Das
d. Guru Tegh Bahadur
1. (a) Eight
A Buddha Circuit Special Train has been started by IRCTC to connect all Buddha pilgrimages located in India and Nepal. The Buddha Circuit train will take eight days to complete its journey and it has equipped with modern facilities.
2. (c) Shahbaz Nadeem
A left-arm spinner Shahbaz Nadeem has made his debut in third and last test-match of India vs South Africa three-match series. Shahbaz is assisting other spinners of the Indian team – Ravindra Jadeja and R Ashwin.
3. (a) Two
Two NASA women astronauts Christina Koch and Jessica Meir have become world’s first women spacewalkers without a male companion. It was the fourth spacewalk of Christina Koch while first of Jessica Meer.
4. (b) Rajnath Singh
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has approved a proposal to give admission to girls in Sainik Schools from 2021-22 school sessions. Sainik School was established in India in the year 1961.
5. (d) Uttar Pradesh
Thailand's Khon Ramleela has been included in UNESCO's list of intangible cultural heritage. It is a masked dance depicting scenes from Ramlila. Uttar Pradesh Government will prepare some artists from the state for this art.
6. (a) 33 per cent
UNICEF has released a report titled - The State of the World’s Children recently. This report informed that about 35% of children in India are suffering from stunting, and 2 per cent of children are overweight while 33 per cent of children are underweight.
7. (b) 6.1 per cent
IMF – International Monetary Fund, has recently released the World Economic Outlook report. The report specifies that India’s economic growth rate will be 6.1% in 2019 and 7 in 2020. A couple of months before this report, IMF projected that India’s economic growth rate will be 7.3% in 2020.
8. (c) 20
Chinese President Xi Jinping and Nepal’s counterpart had a bilateral meeting recently. They have signed 20 agreements for the mutual development for the countries. The most important decision of the meeting was that Nepal agreed to build a network worth Rs. 2.75 crore to connect Nepal with China’s Belt and Road Initiative (BRI).
9. (a) Manipur
Manipur’s annual Shirui Lily Festival 2019 is being organized at Ukhrul. It is a four-day cultural festival which was inaugurated by Union Tourism Minister Prahlad Singh Patel. Among many other programs, Folk songs and folk dances are performed by different cultural artists.
10. (a) Guru Nanak Dev
A new National Highway NH- 703AA was recently announced and approved by Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gaddkari. This highway is starting from Kapurthala and ending at Taran Tarana in Punjab. NH- 703AA is named after Sikh Guru - Shri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Marg’ to mark 550th Birth Anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev.