Weekly Current Affairs Quiz: 16 December to 22 December 2019
The week's updated quizzes cover topics like Forbes 100 Indian celebrities List 2019, Sahitya Akademi Award, and Citizen Amendment Act-CAA among others.
16 December to 22 December 2019: Jagran Josh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise at ease with Current Affairs Quizzes section. The week's updated quizzes cover topics like Forbes 100 Indian celebrities List 2019, Sahitya Akademi Award, and Citizen Amendment Act-CAA among others.
1. Who among the following topped the Forbes 100 Indian celebrities List 2019?
a) Akshay Kumar
b) Salman Kumar
c) Ranvir Singh
d) Virat Kohli
2. Which Indian Bowler became the first to take two ODI hat-tricks?
a) Jasprit Bumrah
b) Mohammed Shami
c) Yuzvendra Chahal
d) Kuldeep Yadav
3. The Sahitya Akademi Award in the creative non-fiction category in English literature has been awarded to:
a) Amitav Ghosh
b) Arundhati Roy
c) Shashi Tharoor
d) Salman Khurshid
4. Which State recently launched the 'Jalsathi' programme?
a) Uttar Pradesh
c) Madhya Pradesh
5. The Central Government extended which Scheme by two years on December 18, 2019?
6. Which court will hear the petition against the police atrocities on Jamia Milia Islamia University's students?
a) Delhi HC
b) Supreme Court
c) Allahabad HC
d) Kolkata HC
7. Which nation’s former Prime Minister was awarded with the death penalty for unlawfully imposing emergency in 2007?
d) Sri Lanka
8. India was placed at which Rank in the Gender Gap Index-2019?
9. Pakistan has resumed the train service between which two railway stations after a gap of 22 years?
a)Wagah and Attari
b)Lahore and Wagah
c)Lahore and Peshawar
d)Raiwind and Gujranwala
10. When is the Vijay Diwas observed every year in India?
1. (d) Virat Kohli
Indian cricket team Captain Virat Kohli topped the Forbes’ 100 Indian Celebrities list 2019, followed by Akshay Kumar and Salman Khan at second and third place respectively.
2. (d) Kuldeep Yadav
Indian bowler Kuldeep Yadav became the first to take two ODI hat-tricks. Yadav created the record while playing India’s second ODI against West Indies in Visakhapatnam.
3. (c) Shashi Tharoor
Congress MP Shashi Tharoor has ben awarded with the Sahitya Akademi Award 2019 for his novel 'An Era of Darkness'. Tharoor won the award in the creative non-fiction category in English literature.
4. (b) Odisha
Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik launched the 'Jalsathi' programme for the supply of safe drinking water to all households. For the smooth implementation of the scheme, the Odisha government roped in women volunteers to serve as 'Jalasathis'.
5. (a) AMRUT
The Central Government has extended the deadline of AMRUT - Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation by two years. The scheme was scheduled to be concluded in March 2020.
6. (a) Delhi HC
Delhi High Court will be hearing the plea that seeks formation of a fact-finding committee to inquire into the police atrocities on the students of Jamia Milia Islamia University.
7. (a) Pakistan
Former President of Pakistan Pervez Musharraf was awarded with the death penalty for unlawfully imposing emergency in 2007 across the country.
8. (d) 112
India ranked at 112th position in the Gender Gap Index 2019, that was released by the World Economic Forum.
9. (b) Lahore and Wagah
Pakistan resumed the operations of the train service between Lahore and Wagah after a gap of 22 years. This shuttle train service between Lahore and Wagah will complete three round trips daily charging Rs 30 per ride.
10. (a) 16th December
India observes the Vijay Diwas every year on December 16 to commemorate India's victory over Pakistan in the 1971 war. India’s victory in the 1971 war paved the way for formation of Bangladesh.