Weekly Current Affairs Quiz: 20 January to 26 January 2020
The week's updated quizzes cover topics such as Crystal Award 2020, SAG Awards, One Trillion Tree initiative and Global Democracy Index-2019 among others.
20 January to 26 January 2020: Jagran Josh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise at ease with Current Affairs Quizzes section. The week's updated quizzes cover topics such as Crystal Award 2020, SAG Awards, One Trillion Tree initiative and Global Democracy Index-2019 among others.
1. How many children were honoured with the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar 2020?
2. Which Indian actress won the Crystal Award 2020 at the 50th World Economic Forum?
a) Priyanka Chopra
b) Alia Bhatt
c) Deepika Padukone
d) Dia Mirza
3. What is the name of the human robot that has been developed by ISRO for its space mission?
4. Which film won the Best Film Award at the 26th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards?
c) The Irishman
d) Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood
5. Which state has introduced a draft bill that proposes the creation of three state capitals?
c) Uttar Pradesh
d) Andhra Pradesh
6. Which state’s Disaster Mitigation & Management Centre won the Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar 2020?
7. Who launched the One Trillion Trees Initiative?
8. Who has been elected as the new President of Archery Association of India?
a) Arjun Munda
b) Kiren Rijiju
c) Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
d) Vijay Goel
9. Which country successfully phased out most potent ozone-depleting chemical- HCFC 141 b?
10. India successfully test-fired which nuclear capable missile on January 19?
11. India was ranked at which position in the recently released EIU’s Global Democracy Index-2019?
12. What is India’s rank in the Global Talent Competitive Index-2020?
1. (a) 49
The Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar 2020 was conferred to 49 children under various categories by President Ram Nath Kovind at the Rashtrapati Bhavan on January 22, 2020.
2. (c) Deepika Padukone
The popular Indian actress, Deepika Padukone was awarded the Crystal Award 2020 during the opening session of the World Economic Forum on January 21, 2020. She was honoured with the award for her leadership in raising awareness about mental health illness.
3. (a) Vyommitra
Vyommitra is the first human robot to be developed by the Indian Space Research Organisation. ISRO plans to send the half-humanoid to space in its first unmanned mission under Gaganyaan programme. The human robot can simulate most of the human body functions.
4. (a) Parasite
South Korean film Parasite has created history by becoming the first foreign-language film to win the Screen Actors Guild Award for outstanding performance by a cast in a motion picture.
5. (d) Andhra Pradesh
The Andhra Pradesh state government has introduced a new bill in the state assembly to create three state capitals- legislative capital in Amaravati, executive capital in Visakhapatnam and judicial capital in Kurnool.
6. (b) Uttarakhand
Uttarakhand’s Disaster Mitigation & Management Centre won the Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar 2020 on January 23, 2020 in the institution category. Kumar Munnan Singh won the award in the individual category. The award aims to recognise the excellent work in the field of disaster management.
7. (a) WEF
The World Economic Forum has launched One Trillion Trees Initiative to grow, restore and conserve 1 trillion trees across the world by 2030. The global initiative is aimed at restoring biodiversity and help fight climate change.
8. (a) Arjun Munda
Arjun Munda was elected as the new President of the Archery Association of India (AAI) on January 18, 2020. He defeated his rival BVP Rao with 34-18 votes.
9. (b) India
India has successfully phased out the use of HCFC 141 b chemical in its foam industry. The substance is one of the most potent ozone depleting substances. India banned the import of the substance from January 1, 2020.
10. (c) K-4
India successfully test-fired K-4 ballistic missile on January 19, 2020 off the coast of Andhra Pradesh. The missile with a strike range of 3500km is a nuclear capable ballistic missile, which will enhance India’s capabilities to hit enemy targets from submarines.
11. (b) 51
India has slipped to 51st rank in Economist Intelligence Unit’s (EIU) Global Democracy Index-2019. China was ranked 153 while Pakistan secured 108th position in the index.
12. (d) 72
India has climbed eight places in the Global Talent Competitiveness Index-2020. India is ranked 72 in the index this year. It is the seventh edition of the Global Talent Competition Index. Switzerland secured the first place while USA and Singapore got second and third places respectively.