Weekly Current Affairs Quiz: 22 December to 29 December 2019
The week's updated quizzes cover topics such as Good Governance Day, 66th National Film Awards, Wisden’s cricketers of the decade and world's most famous teenager of the decade among others.
22 December to 29 December 2019: Jagran Josh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise at ease with Current Affairs Quizzes section. The week's updated quizzes cover topics such as Good Governance Day, 66th National Film Awards, Wisden’s cricketers of the decade and world's most famous teenager of the decade among others.
1. Who has been named as the most famous teenager in the world by the United Nations?
a) Greta Thunberg
b) Malala Yousafzai
c) Millie Bobby Brown
d) Storm Reid
2. When ‘Good Governance Day’ is observed in India every year?
a) 20 December
b) 12 December
c) 25 December
d) 15 December
3. Which state was ranked number-1 in the Good Governance Index released by the Central Government?
b) Tamil Nadu
4. Which state recently announced the Jyotirao Phule Kisan Loan Waiver Scheme?
a) Andhra Pradesh
5. Which film won the ‘Best Hindi Film’ award at the 66th National Film Awards?
b) Badhai Ho
6. Who won the National Film Award for ‘Best Direction’?
a) Sanjay Leela Bhansali
b) Sriram Raghavan
c) Aditya Dhar
d) Amit Sharma
7. Who among the following Indian-origin Americans was recently appointed as the director of the National Science Foundation (NSF) of America?
a) Rahul Sachdeva
b) Pankaj Agnihotri
c) Sethuraman Panchanathan
d) Pramod Mistri
8. Manuel Marrero Cruz has been appointed as the Prime Minister of which nation?
9. Which Indian Air Force aircraft was decommissioned on December 27, 2019?
10. What is the name of common currency recently announced by western Africa?
11. Which female weightlifter won a bronze medal and created two national records in the Qatar International Cup?
a) Karnam Malleshwari
b) Heena Khan
c) Jigisha Patel
d) Rakhi Halder
12. Who was named captain of Cricket Australia’s ODI team of the decade?
a) MS Dhoni
b) Virat Kohli
c) AB de Villiers
d) Shakib al Hasan
13. Which Indian cricketer was named in the Wisden’s list of five cricketers of the decade?
a) MS Dhoni
b) Rohit Sharma
c) Sachin Tendulkar
d) Virat Kohli
14. Who was named the captain of the Wisden Test team of the decade?
a) Steve Smith
b) Kumar Sangakkara
c) Virat Kohli
d) MS Dhoni
15. Which tennis player has announced his decision to retire in 2020?
a) Leander Paes
b) Mahesh Bhupathi
c) Sania Mirza
d) Rohan Bopanna
1. (b) Malala Yousafzai
Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala Yousafzai was declared as the ‘most famous teenager in the world’ by the United Nations in its 'decade in review' report released on December 23, 2019. The young education activist was shot in the head by a Taliban gunman while taking a bus from school in October 2012.
2. (c) 25 December
The Good Governance Day is observed annually across India on December 20th. The day is observed to commemorate the birthday of former Indian Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee. This day was first celebrated in the year 2014. Vajpayee is considered as one of the most influential leaders of Indian politics.
3. (c) Tamil Nadu
Tamil Nadu was ranked at the top in the Good Governance Index released recently by the Central Government. The states and union territories were divided into three groups- large states, northeast and hill states & union territories in this index. Odisha, Bihar, Goa, Uttar Pradesh are among the worst-performing states.
4. (c) Maharashtra
Jyotirao Phule Kisan loan waiver scheme for farmers has been launched by Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray. Farmers who have taken a loan of Rs 2 lakh can avail this scheme. This scheme will be implemented in Maharashtra from March 2020.
5. (a) Andhadhun
Andhadhun won the National film Award in the ‘Best Hindi Film’ category at the 66th National Film Awards.
6. (c) Aditya Dhar
Aditya Dhar won the National Film Award for ‘Best Direction’ for his movie, Uri: The Surgical Strike.
7. (c) Sethuraman Panchanathan
Indian American Sethuraman Panchanathan was recently appointed as the director of the National Science Foundation (NSF) of America. US President Donald Trump has recently approved his assignment. The US government body National Science Foundation (NSF) assists research in all non-medical fields, including science and engineering.
8. (c) Cuba
Cuban President Miguel Diaz-Canel has appointed Manuel Marrero Cruz as the new Prime Minister of the nation. Cruz earlier served as the tourism minister of the nation. The post of Prime Minister was abolished in Cuba in 1976 by Fidel Castro and was restored in 2019.
9. (b) MiG-27
The MiG-27 fighter jet, known as the hero of the Kargil conflict, made its final roar from Jodhpur airbase on December 27, 2019.
10. (b) ECO
Eight countries in West Africa have decided to change the name of their common currency to 'Eco'. These countries also decided to leave the current currency 'CFA franc'. Benin, Burkina Faso, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Mali, Niger, Senegal and Togo in West Africa are currently using this currency.
11. (d) Rakhi Halder
Rakhi Halder is a Commonwealth gold medalist, who has set a national record by performing best in snatch and overall weight. She made this record by lifting a total of 218 kg with 95 kg in snatch and 123 kg in clean and jerk.
12. (a) MS Dhoni
MS Dhoni has been named the captain of Cricket Australia's ODI team of the decade. Indian skipper Virat Kohli and opener Rohit Sharma were also named in the ODI team.
13. (d) Virat Kohli
Indian skipper Virat Kohli has found a place in the list of five cricketers of the decade by the Wisden Cricketers' Almanac. Virat Kohli was named in the cricketers of the decade list along with four other cricketers Steve Smith, Ellyse Perry, Dale Steyn and AB de Villiers.
14. (c) Virat Kohli
Virat Kohli was named as the captain of the Wisden Test team of the decade. The only other Indian to feature in the list includes Ravichandran Ashwin.
15. (a) Leander Paes
Leander Paes announced recently that he will quit professional tennis after the 2020 season. The 46-year-old has won 6 doubles and 10 mixed doubles Grand Slam titles.