22 October to 28 October 2017: JagranJosh weekly quizzes will help you revise for competitive exams at an ease, as it hosts the most important occurrences of the week. The quizzes in this week’s segment cover topics including Bharatmala Project, Global Passport Power Rank 2017 and Sagarmala project among others.
1. The Union Government recently approved highway projects including Bharatmala worth Rs 7 lakh crore. Under these projects, how much kilometre of roads will be constructed?
a) 83677 km
b) 80000 Km
c) 81682 Km
d) 85003 Km
2. The Union Ministry of Environment and Forests has given its in-principle stage-I forest clearance for the construction of the Kaleshwaram Lift irrigation project. The project will be built across which river?
3. What was India’s rank in the Passport Index of the Global Passport Power Rank 2017?
4. The Ministry of Shipping sanctioned Rs 25 crore and Rs 50 crore under the flagship Sagarmala project to the Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust and the Karwar port. In which of the following states, these ports are located?
d) Uttar Pradesh
5. The world’s oldest warship, USS Constitution, took off on its first sail since three years on 20 October 2017. What country does it belong to?
6. India’s first Roll On-Roll Off (Ro-Ro) ferry service was launched in which state?
d) West Bengal
7. Which state’s election department has entered into the Limca Book of Records?
a) Uttar Pradesh
8. According to a recent announcement, India would be launching Chandrayaan-II in the first quarter of 2018. It would be India’s second mission to which celestial body?
d) Dwarf Planet
9. India’s first Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra for Skilling in Smart Cities was inaugurated in which city?
b) New Delhi
10. Who won the Best FIFA Men's Player Award?
a) Cristiano Ronaldo
b) Lionel Messi
d) Zinedine Zidane
1. (a) 83677 km
These highway projects include the ambitious Bharatmala project which is the second-largest highway project after National Highways Development Project (NHDP) that saw development of about 50000 km of roads.
2. (c) Godavari
The Union Ministry of Environment and Forests has given its in-principle stage-I forest clearance for the construction of the Kaleswaram project stage-one. The Kaleshwaram Lift irrigation project, to be built across River Godavari, has been designed to irrigate 7,38,851 hectares of land in the upland areas of the former undivided districts of Adilabad, Karimnagar, Nizamabad, Warangal, Medak, Nalgonda and Rangareddy.
3. (b) 75th
India’s passport was ranked 75th out of 94 countries with a visa-free score of 51, according to the ‘Global Passport Power Rank 2017’ by global financial advisory firm Arton Capital. The list is topped by Singapore, followed by Germany, Sweden and South Korea. As per report, Singapore’s passport is the most powerful ranking with a visa-free score of 159.
4. (a) Karnataka
The Ministry of Shipping on 27 October 2017 sanctioned Rs 25 crore to the Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust for development of coastal berth and Rs 50 crore to the Karwar port in Karnataka under Sagarmala port for infrastructure development.
5. (a) US
USS Constitution, the world’s oldest warship took off on its first sail since three years on 20 October 2017. It was given its name by first US President George Washington after the Constitution of the United States of America. The ship is the world's oldest commissioned naval vessel afloat and belongs to the US. It was launched in 1797.
6. (a) Gujarat
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched India’s first Roll On-Roll Off (Ro-Ro) ferry service between Ghogha in Bhavnagar district and Dahej in Bharuch district. This ferry service will facilitate vehicular and passenger ferry services across the Gulf of Cambay in Gujarat.
7. (c) Meghalaya
The Meghalaya Election department has entered the Limca Book of Records for the formation of a human logo by newly-enrolled young voters of Meghalaya on 1 July 2017. A total of 2870 students from 113 schools, 3 colleges in the age group of 18 and 19 enrolled as new voters and formed a 75 feet by 120 feet size human logo named You 'N' I.
8. (b) Moon
Dr Jitendra Singh, the Union Minister of State (IC) for Atomic Energy and Space announced on 23 October 2017 that India’s Space Mission to Moon, ‘Chandrayaan-II’, will take place in 2018, most likely in the first quarter of the year.
9. (b) New Delhi
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh along with Skill Development Minister Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated India's first Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra (PMKK) for Skilling in Smart Cities on 23 October 2017 at New Delhi. The inauguration was done in collaboration with New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC).
10. (a) Cristiano Ronaldo
Real Madrid player Cristiano Ronaldo on 23 October 2017 won the Best FIFA Men's Player Award for the second year in London. Argentina’s forward Lionel Messi and Brazil’s forward Neymar were runners up for the award.