Weekly Current Affairs Quiz: 23 March to 29 March 2020
The week's updated quizzes cover topics such as Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana, COVID-19 policy tracker, Hantavirus and new RBI measures among others.
23 March to 29 March 2020: Jagran Josh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise at ease with Current Affairs Quizzes section. The week's updated quizzes cover topics such as Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana, COVID-19 policy tracker, Hantavirus and new RBI measures among others.
1. FM Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced which scheme for the poor amid coronavirus lockdown?
a) Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana
b) Anna Purna Yojana
c) Griha Kalyan Yojana
d) Annadatta Sampark Yojana
2. Which organisation has launched a tracker to track policy responses by different governments to combat COVID-19?
3.Which company has set up India’s first 100-bed COVID-19 dedicated hospital?
4. What is the name of the new virus that has appeared in China amid the COVID-19 outbreak?
5. When is World Water Day observed across the globe every year?
6. Sameer Aggarwal has been promoted as CEO of which among the following companies?
a) Walmart India
7. When is World Tuberculosis Day observed every year across the globe?
8. The centre has announced how much insurance coverage for healthcare professionals?
a) Rs. 50 lakh
b) Rs 10 lakh
c) Rs 30 lakh
d) Rs 20 lakh
9. When is the new deadline for Income Tax filing?
10. The RBI has allowed a moratorium for how long on EMI payments of outstanding loans?
11.WHO has begun a global mega trial of four drugs to find a COVID-19 vaccine. What is the name of the trial?
12. Which two nations are involved in the Kuril Islands dispute?
a)Russia and Japan
b)Japan and North Korea
c)China and Ukraine
d)Indonesia and the Philippines
1. (a) Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman launched Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana on March 26, 2020. Under the scheme, 80 crore poor people will be given 5 kg of wheat or 5 kg rice for 3 months. Apart from this, one kg of pulses will also be given.
2. (a) IMF
The International Monetary Fund has launched a policy tracker to keep a track of policies responses by different governments to tackle the COVID-19 pandemic.
3.(b) Reliance Industries
Reliance Industries will set up India’s first COVID-19 dedicated hospital in Mumbai. The 100-bed hospital will be equipped with all modern facilities.
4. (b) Hantavirus
Hantavirus surfaced in China on March 23, 2020 when a man was tested positive for it. He died later. The virus is transmitted through contact with rodents and their urine, saliva or feces.
5.(d) March 22
World Water Day is observed annually on March 22nd. The main purpose behind the observance is to highlight the importance of water and its usefulness. The day’s theme this year is “Leaving No One Behind".
6. (a) Walmart India
Sameer Aggarwal has been elevated as the CEO of Walmart India, succeeding Krish Iyer who is set to retire on March 31.
7. (d) 24 March
The World Tuberculosis Day is observed on March 24 every year around the world. Dr. Robert Koch announced on March 24, 1882 that he had detected Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
8. (a) Rs 50 lakh
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced insurance cover worth Rs. 50 lakh per person for all employees working in the medical field for the next three months.
9. (c) 30th June
The Union Finance Ministry has extended the last date for filing income from March 31 to June 30, 2020.
10.(c) 3 months
The Reserve Bank of India has allowed a 3-month moratorium on EMI payments on all outstanding loans.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has initiated a global mega trial of the four most promising drugs that may help cure Coronavirus. The mega trial is called Solidarity, under which the testing and development of the antidote will be done.
12.(a) Russia and Japan
The Kuril Islands dispute is between Russia or Japan. It is also called the Northern Territories dispute. It is a disagreement between Russia and Japan over the sovereignty of the four southernmost islands of the Kuril chain.