25 June to 1 July 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise at ease. The week's updated quizzes cover the topics like E Sreedharan committee, National Statistics Day and Pakistan on grey list of FATF among others.
1. Which country recently lifted the ban on female drivers?
a) Saudi Arabia
2. Which committee was constituted by the Union Government to lay down standards for metro rail systems in the country?
a) K S Mehta committee
b) E Sreedharan committee
c) Sushil Mehta committee
d) Baba Kalyani committee
3. Who was elected as President of Turkey in the presidential election in 2018?
a) Abdullah Gul
b) Tughut ojal
c) Recep Tayyip Erdogan
d) Muharrem Ince
4. When is the International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking observed every year?
a) 23 June
b) 24 June
c) 25 June
d) 26 June
5. India extended how much amount of Line of Credit to Seychelles to allow it to buy defence equipment from India?
a) USD 100 million
b) USD 200 million
c) USD 300 million
d) USD 400 million
6. What was the theme of the 2018 National Statistics Day?
a) Statistics on Trees & Climate Change
b) Quality Assurance in Official Statistics
c) Administrative Statistics
d) Agri-Food Statistics
7. Udyam Sangam-2018 was organised by which Ministry?
a) Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises
b) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
c) Ministry of Shipping
d) Ministry of Home Affairs
8. India recently agreed to hold the first edition of naval exercise “Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT)” with which neighbouring country?
c) Sri Lanka
9. The Financial Action Task Force has recently put which country on the ‘grey list’?
10. Which country's recently rejected the proposal of developing Indian naval base, and then again agreed for it?
1. (a) Saudi Arabia
In a first, women across Saudi Arabia were legally allowed to drive for the first time since 1957 on June 24, 2018, thus, ending the world’s last ban on female drivers which was seen as a symbol of women’s repression in the deeply conservative Muslim kingdom.
2. (b) E Sreedharan committee
Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the proposal of setting up of a committee to lay down standards for metro rail systems in the country. The committee will be headed by E Sreedharan, who is also known as the ‘Metro Man’.
3. (c) Recep Tayyip Erdogan
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan was declared winner of landmark presidential election held on June 24, 2018. With 99% of votes counted, Erdogan had won a 52.54% share of the national vote, while the opposition CHP party’s candidate, Muharrem Ince, was on 30.68%.
4. (d) 26 June
The International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking was observed across the globe on June 26, 2018 with an aim to raise awareness of the major problem that illicit drugs represent to society. The theme of the International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking 2018 was "Listen First - Listening to children and youth is the first step to help them grow healthy and safe".
5. (a) USD 100 million
India extended USD 100 million line of credit to Seychelles to allow it to build its defense capabilities and purchase weapons from India.
6. (b) Quality Assurance in Official Statistics
The “Statistics Day” is celebrated every year on June 29 at the National level in India to create public awareness about the importance of statistics in socio-economic planning and policy formulation. The 2018 theme is “Quality Assurance in Official Statistics” aims to underscore the importance of compliance with essential parameters of quality in statistical systems and products.
7. (a) Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises
The Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises organised Udyam Sangam -- National MSME Conclave on June 27, 2018 on the occasion of the UN MSME Day. On the same occasion, President launched the Solar Charkha Mission.
8. (d) Bangladesh
The naval forces of India and Bangladesh will conduct the joint patrol exercise “Coordinated Patrol (CORPAT)” in the Bay of Bengal from June 27, 2018. The first edition of 3-day naval exercise will be inaugurated by Admiral Sunil Lanba, Chief of the naval staff (CNS) of India, who is visiting Bangladesh.
9. (a) Pakistan
The Financial Action Task Force (FATF) on June 27, 2018 added Pakistan to its ‘grey list’ of countries involved in providing monetary assistance to terrorism and related causes. The decision was taken during FATF meeting on Money Laundering in Paris.
10. (b) Seychelles
Seychelles President Danny Faure, ahead of his state visit to India, denied undertaking India-Seychelles joint project to develop naval base at Assumption Island of Seychelles. He also stated that Seychelles will develop military facilities at the island on its own.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week