Weekly Current Affairs Quiz: 30 December to 5 January 2020
The week's updated quizzes cover topics such as RBI's new app, India’s first Chief of Defence Staff, new Army Chief and cleanest city in the country among others.
30 December to 5 January 2020: Jagran Josh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise at ease with Current Affairs Quizzes section. The week's updated quizzes cover topics such as RBI's new app, India’s first Chief of Defence Staff, new Army Chief and cleanest city in the country among others.
1. The Reserve Bank of India has launched which app to help the visually challenged identify the denomination of currency notes?
2. Who has been appointed as India’s new Army chief?
a) Manoj Mukund Naravane
b) Anil Kumar Sood
c) Devesh Chandra
d) SS Chandrashekhar
3. Who has taken charge as India’s first Chief of Defence Staff?
a) Bikram Singh
b) Bipin Rawat
c) VK Singh
d) Deepak Kapoor
4. Indian Railways has launched which helpline number for passengers?
5. Which state has topped the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Index for 2019-20?
6. Which city has been adjudged as the cleanest for the 4th time in the latest cleanliness survey of the union government?
7. Which state secured first position in the recently released ‘India State of Forest Report 2019’ for the highest growth in forest area in the country?
a) Uttar Pradesh
d) Andhra Pradesh
8. Which country recorded highest number of child births on January 1, 2020?
c) South Africa
9. Which Indian female chess player recently won the World Rapid Championship title?
a) Koneru Hampy
b) Pragya Vajpayee
c) Ankita Bhambri
d) Nutan Awasthi
10. Which city will be hosting the 3rd Khelo India youth games?
b) New Delhi
1. (c) MANI
The Reserve Bank of India launched ‘MANI’ mobile app to help the visually challenged identify the denomination of currency notes on January 1, 2019.
2. (a) Manoj Mukund Naravane
Lieutenant General Manoj Mukund Narwane, the Deputy Chief of the Indian Army, has become the next Chief of the Indian Army. He has replaced Bipin Rawat. Naravane was commissioned in Sikh Light Infantry Regiment on June 1980.
3. (b) Bipin Rawat
General Bipin Rawat has been named as the first Chief of Defence Staff of India. He will serve as the principal military advisor to the Union Defence Minister. He will be responsible for the administration of all three armed services including the army, navy and the air force.
4. (d) 139
The Indian Railways has launched an integrated helpline number- 139 for quick grievance redressal and enquiries by passengers during their train journeys. The new number will replace all the existing helpline numbers.
5. (c) Kerala
Kerala topped the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Index for the year 2019-20, which was released recently by NITI Aayog. Chandigarh topped the Union Territories list, while J&K and Ladakh were ranked at the bottom of the index.
6. (a) Indore
Indore was adjudged as the cleanest city in India for the fourth time in a row in the cleanliness survey released by the Union Government on December 31, 2019. While Bhopal stood second in first quarter results, Rajkot was ranked second in the second quarter results.
7. (c) Karnataka
The ‘India State of Forest Report 2019’ ranked Karnataka (1,025 km), Andhra Pradesh (990 km) and Kerala (823 km) as the top three states with the highest growth in forest area.
8. (a) India
India recorded birth of 67,385 numbers of kids on January 01, 2020. India is followed by China (46,299) and Nigeria (26,039). This number is 17% of total kids born in the world.
9.(a) Koneru Humpy
India's female chess player Koneru Hampi won the title by defeating China's Lei Tingji in the World Rapid Chess Championship in the tiebreaker's series (Armageddon). Koneru Hampi has been awarded the 'Arjuna Award' in the year 2003 and 'Padma Shri' in the year 2007.
10. (a) Guwahati
The third Khelo India youth games will be held in Guwahati, Assam from January 10-22, 2019. Over 6500 athletes are expected to take part in the event.