Jagranjosh.com brings for its readers quizzes of the week that covers important happenings of the week. The section revises selected quizzes from the week to help its readers in revising the most important happenings. The topics covered in this week include topics like Solar Cities Programme, Rights of Persons with Disabilities and 2016 Forbes World’s Most Powerful People List among others.
1. What was India’s position in the vacation deprived country ranking as per 2016 Expedia vacation deprivation report?
2. How many cities were identified by the Union Government under the Development of Solar Cities Programme?
a) 30 cities
b) 40 cities
c) 50 cities
d) 60 cities
3. India’s first island district, Majuli will now become the country’s first ever Carbon neutral district by 2020. Which state is it located in?
a) Arunachal Pradesh
4. Union Government recently approved MoU between ISRO and which international agency to use Land Remote Sensing Satellite Data?
a) National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
b) United States Geological Survey (USGS)
c) National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
d) None of these
5. The Rights of Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Bill, 2016 seeks to enhance reservation for Divyangs in government jobs from 3% to
6. A biopic, titled Blond Ambition, was named as the most admired unproduced film script available at present in the Hollywood system. It is a biopic of whom of the following?
b) Nicolas Cage
c) John Travolta
d) Bruce Willis
7. India’s Prime Minster Narendra Modi’s position in the 2016 Forbes World’s Most Powerful People List is
a) 6th position
b) 7th position
c) 8th position
d) 9th position
8. Name the biography titled on Gymnastic Dipa Karmakar that was released in 2016?
a) The Ascension
b) The Worrier
c) The Small Wonder
d) Rise The Bar
9. Identify the country that abolished the controversial Kafala Labour System.
c) Saudi Arabia
10. Which country launched the advanced weather satellite Fengyun-4 recently?
b) South Korea
11. Which State Government launched the Annapurna Rasoi Scheme?
12. Name the state that launched India’s first amphibious bus project.
13. Who was appointed as the Industry Director of Facebook India recently?
a) Atul Agnihotri
b) Pulkit Trivedi
c) Paras Aggarwal
d) Sumit Bhola
14. Name the foundation who’s 100 Million for 100 Million campaign was flagged off by President Pranab Mukherjee Campaign on his 81st birth anniversary.
a) Azim Premji Foundation
b) Children's Development Trust
c) SOS Children's Villages India
d) Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Foundation
15. Who was sworn-in as the UN Secretary General in December 2016?
a) Antonio Guterres
b) Helen Clark
c) Natalia Gherman
d) Danilo Turk
1. (d) 4th
2. (d) 60 cities
3. (b) Assam
4. (b) United States Geological Survey (USGS)
5. (a) 4%
6. (a) Madonna
7. (d) 9th position
8. (c) The Small Wonder
9. (a) Qatar
10. (c) China
11. (c) Rajasthan
12. (c) Punjab
13. (b) Pulkit Trivedi
14. (d) Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Foundation
15. (a) Antonio Guterres
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App