The mobile messaging application WhatsApp on 21 January 2015 unveiled a new service for sending messages from a Web browser.
WhatsApp's Web service will require your phone to stay connected to the internet to work with the web browser. Moreover, the web service can be availed only through the latest version of WhatsApp on your phone.
WhatsApp's Web service
• This web service is simply an extension of the smartphone service.
• The Web browser mirrors conversations and messages from your mobile device.
• All your messages will be still live on your phone.
• The new messaging service currently only works with Google's Chrome browser and will not be available to iPhone users due to Apple platform limitations.
• WhatsApp Messenger is a mobile messaging application which allows you to exchange messages without having to pay for SMS.
• WhatsApp was co-founded by Jan Koum and Brian Acton in 2009, both former Yahoo executives.
• In February 2014, Social media giant Facebook Inc acquired WhatsApp for 19 billion dollars in a cash and stock deal.
When: 21 January 2015