World Conference on Environment 2017 concluded
The World Conference on Environment 2017 was held for two days 25-26 March 2017 at the Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi.
The World Conference on Environment 2017 concluded on 26 March 2017 in New Delhi. While the two-day long conference was inaugurated by the President Pranab Mukherjee on 25 March 2017, the Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh attended the closing ceremony at the Vigyan Bhawan.
Supreme Court Justices, Chief Justices of various High Courts, Union Cabinet Ministers and distinguished invitees from India and abroad were the chief guests in various technical sessions of the conference.
About World Conference on Environment 2017
• Various Chief Justices, Judges, Professors and other experts in the field of environment from all over the world participated in the conference and delivered their speeches.
• Constitutional and Environmental Law under different global jurisdictions were the prime subjects for deliberation in the conference.
• The emphasis of the conference was on the tools that need to bring into service for dispensation of environmental justice by different Courts and Tribunals across the world.
• The conference was organised by the National Green Tribunal (NGT), which is India’s premier environment watch dog.
• The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), the Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MOEF & CC), the Union Ministry of Water Resources (MoWR), the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Delhi Pollution Control Board (DPCB) are the co-sponsors of the conference.