World This Week: 1 July-7 July 2013
If you are preparing for the competitive exams...
If you are preparing for the competitive exams, World this Week section here will help you in getting an insight into the happenings of the world over the week. This section allows you to know about the changes that took place in the world over the week. World this Week enables you to get a short view of the world over the time of one week. Read this section to know more about the happenings of the world over this week.
1 July 2013
• The Marrakesh Treaty to Facilitate Access to Published Works for Visually Impaired signed.
• Croatia became the 28th member of the European Union.
• Russia signed Anti-Gay Measures into law.
• Sydney Monorail came to an end after 25 years of service.
2 July 2013
• Indian IPv6 Lab got approval from international body.
• India-China trade deficit reached 12 Billion US Dollars.
3 July 2013
• Saudi Arabia extended amnesty period for illegal foreign workers.
• India and Nepal agreed on cooperation in tourism.
• Kosovo introduced visa regime for 87 countries.
4 July 2013
• Irish lawmakers backed bill legalizing abortion in life-threatening cases.
• President of Egypt, Mohamed Morsi ousted in a military coup.
5 July 2013
• India and Vietnam set up joint panel for ICT sector.
6 July 2013
• India, Mauritius and other nations of IOR-ARC agreed to promote trade.
• Venezuela and Nicaragua offered asylum to Edward Snowden.
7 July 2013
• North and South Korea held talks over re-opening joint industrial zone Kaesong.