World This Week: 10 June-16 June 2013
World this week section will allow the students preparing for the competitive exams...
World this week section will allow the students preparing for the competitive exams to understand about the events which took place around the world in this week. This section enables you to understand in brief, what all happened in the world throughout this week. By reading this section, you can get a quick recap of the important international events across the world.
10 June 2013
• India offered 150 million dollars credit to Myanmar.
11 June 2013
• Microsoft India and JIS Group joined hands to set up innovation center.
• Apple unveiled new software called iOS7.
12 June 2013
• Indo-Russian INDRA 2013 military exercise will take place in October 2013.
• South Korea called off high level talks with North Korea.
• State Duma of Russian Parliament passed Anti-Gay Bill.
13 June 2013
• Dua’s Layer: new cornea layer named after Indian researcher Harminder Dua.
• Defence budget of Pakistan raised by 15 percent by the new government.
• Petronas announced project for exporting LNG to Asia.
• Ban Ki Moon asked UNSC to enhance UNDOF strength in Golan.
• French nuclear reactors will be first tested in China, then supplied to Maharashtra.
14 June 2013
• Indian-American girl appointed to United States Military Academy at West Point.
• Dubai inaugurated tallest twisted tower of the world called Cayan Tower.
• World Bank slashed its growth forecast for China's economy to 7.7 Percent.
15 June 2013
• US Supreme Court: human DNA cannot be patented.
• World population prospects report projected India to be most populous country by 2028.
• Anish Kapoor became first living indian-origin sculptor to be honoured with Knighthood.
• Kanji Ram became the second Hindu to enter Pakistan's Punjab province.
• John Ashe elected as the President of UN General Assembly for its 68th session.
• Pakistan Government planned to declare Panja Sahib as a Holy City.
• US announced supply of direct military aid to rebels in Syria.
• Norway became first NATO and European Country to draft women in military service.
16 June 2013
• Robert Pattinson became brand ambassador of Dior Homme Perfume.
• Samsung launched new handset model Samsung Galaxy Mega.
• Maersk Line unveiled the world's biggest container ship.