World this Week allows the students in preparing for the competitive exams in a better and faster approach. This section allows the students in knowing what all is happening in the world, but in a very crisp and brief manner. All the international headlines are mentioned in this section, which help the students in understanding about the news of the world in a very fast manner.
11 March 2013
• US and South Korea started joint annual military drills.
• China unveiled government restructuring plan; Ministry Of Railways to be dissolved.
• India and Bhutan signed Currency Swap Agreement worth 100 million dollars.
12 March 2013
• 45th Independence Day of Mauritius celebrated; Pranab Mukherjee was the chief guest.
• Iran and Pakistan launched Gas Pipeline Project.
13 March 2013
• India clinched a gold and a bronze medal in Asian Archery Grand Prix.
14 March 2013
• Peter Banks, the original guitarist for rock band Yes died at 65.
• Jorge Bergoglio elected as the new pope; chose Francis as his Papal Name.
15 March 2013
• Khil Raj Regmi to head the interim Government of Nepal; sworn-in as the Prime Minister.
• India and Britain signed pact to support research and development projects.
• Xi Jinping took over as the new President of China.
16 March 2013
• Eurozone and IMF agreed for 10 billion Euros Cyprus bailout deal.
• Parliament rejected Pakistan's resolution on Afzal Guru and claimed it interference.
17 March 2013
• Pakistan Government completed its historic five year term.