World this week is a special section that allows a peep into the overall happenings of the world. This section facilitates students in understanding about the major headlines that kept everyone engrossed. By reading the World This Week section, students can easily and quickly grasp the happenings at the international level. Therefore, the students can know about the happenings of the world in a faster and quicker manner through the World This Week section.
12 August 2013
• Colin Michael Foale, the first British to perform a space walk, retired from NASA.
• India launched Aircraft Carrier INS Vikrant in Kochi.
• International Youth Day celebrated across the world.
13 August 2013
• 13 August designated as the International Lefthanders Day by the Left-Handers Club.
• Elysium Space introduced sending remains of deceased to space through Memorial Spaceflight.
• Melia Brand of Hotels in Spain unveiled the first Twitter hotel of the world.
• Renowned naturalist and ornithologist Zafar Futehally passed away.
• Indian-American trio won World Geography Championship.
• Ibrahim Boubacar Keita won Mali presidential elections.
• UK Songwriting Contest 2013 results announced; Indian-origin winners included.
• King Penguin Missy, the oldest penguin of the world, turned 36 years old.
14 August 2013
• Special Envoy of India for Sudan and South Sudan, PS Raghavan visited South Sudan.
15 August 2013
• Egypt Clashes: Vice President Mohamed Elbaradei resigned in protest.
• Foreign Minister of Republic of Chad visited India.
• Egypt declared month-long state of emergency after deadly clashes.
16 August 2013
• Israel, Palestinians peace talks resumed in Jerusalem.
17 August 2013
• Street Leading to Canadian Museum of Human Rights in Winnipeg named after Mahatma Gandhi.
• Abdul Karim Tunda,Lashkar-e-Taiba's bomb expert arrested by Delhi Police.
• The Travel & Tourism Fair (TTF) 2013 started off in Ahmadabad.
• D.Bala Venkatesh Varma appointed Ambassador to UN Conference on Disarmament from India.
• The Third Meeting of the WMCC on India-China Border talks held in New Delhi.
18 August 2013
• Ali Akbar Salehi appointed Head of Atomic Energy Organisation in Iran.