World this Week enables the candidates of competitive exams to have a look at the overall happenings of the world which took place over the week. This is a special section which enables you to understand what all happened in the world over the past week. It is a showcase of the happenings of the world over the week. Therefore, the students can know about the happenings of the world in a faster and quicker manner through the World This Week section.
13 May 2013
• Pakistan election result 2013: Nawaz Sharif's party PML-N bagged 126 Seats.
14 May 2013
• Britain launched Super Priority Visa Service for travellers from India.
15 May 2013
• India and Netherlands signed MoU in the Field of Urban Planning.
• INSEE confirmed that France has slipped into recession.
• President of Nigeria declared state of emergency in three states.
16 May 2013
• India-Lanka FTA handbook released in Colombo by Indian High Commission.
• UN adopted resolution on Syria calling for political transition.
• India was granted an Observer Status by Arctic Council.
• 5th IBSA Women's Forum Resolution was approved by India, Brazil and South Africa.
17 May 2013
• IBSA resolution to empower the women signed by Krishna Tirath.
18 May 2013
• 14th Round of India–EU BTIA negotiation concluded in New Delhi.
• India and USA announced Co-Operation in knowledge sector.
• France became the 14th country in the world to legalise gay marriage.
19 May 2013
• USA (United States of America) cleared shale gas export to India.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.