A compilation of all the important topics and events of the week is given here. Update your Current Affairs Weekly with our World This Week. With this section, you will be able to grasp a quick knowledge about the international happenings of the world throughout the week. Read this section to quickly know about the international current affairs in brief.
14 October 2013
• Fourth India-US economic and financial partnership meeting held.
• Syria joined UN Chemical Weapons Convention.
• Sixth India- Brazil joint commission meeting held.
• Global Hunger Index Report 2013: India ranked at 63rd position.
• Rafael Nadal topped the ATP ranking.
15 October 2013
• India and Finland signed an agreement to produce clean technology.
• Eleanor Catton, 28, became youngest ever winner of the Man Booker Prize 2013.
• Hilary Clinton got the First Founders’ Award for helping AIDS victims.
• Novak Djokovic defeated Juan Del Potro to win Shanghai Masters 2013.
16 October 2013
• Iran and P5+1 Group agreed to hold talks on Iran’s nuclear programme.
• NASA scientists discovered planets with the shortest ever orbit.
• The Wankhede Stadium to host Sachin Tendulkar's landmark 200th and final test.
• World Food Day observed every year on 16 October.
• Powerful Typhoon Wipha caused destruction in Japan.
• Sigrid Kaag appointed as the head of Joint OPCW-UN Mission in Syria.
• Malala Yousafzai to be granted Honorary Canadian Citizenship.
• Brazilian football legend Pele launched a book titled 1283.
• Conservation international scientific expedition discovered 60 new species in Suriname.
• Liverpool launched Football Academy in India.
• Virat Kohli: India’s fastest ODI century scorer.
17 October 2013
• India and Hungary signed MoU for promotion of traditional systems of medicine.
• Thirty-Four election observers from European Union election observation deployed in Nepal.
• Greg du Toit was named Wildlife Photographer of the year 2013.
• International Day for the Eradication of Poverty observed on 17 October.
• Exhibition on development of the Hungarian cultural roots inaugurated at NGMA.
• Global Slavery Index 2013 estimated 30 million people in the world affected by slavery.
• Prime Minister of Hungary Viktor Orban visited India.
• New species of Giant Amazon Fish discovered in Brazil.
• British scientists solved the mystery of legendary Himalayan Yeti.
• Outdoor air pollution a leading environmental cause of cancer deaths: IARC.
• US scientists developed new blood test to detect gastrointestinal disorders.
18 October 2013
• Saudi Arabia turned down UN Security Council seat.
• NASA discovered first known tilted planetary system.
• Chinese scientists developed Li-Fi technology; Internet through lightbulbs.
• Ding Junhui won Indian Open Snooker Title 2013.
19 October 2013
• US agreed on a deal with Romania to use its air base for Afghan pullout.
• Scientists discovered new species of Dragon Tree in Thailand.
• Brain makes use of sleep to drain waste toxins: Research.
20 October 2013
• World Osteoporosis Day was celebrated.
• Jorge Lorenzo won Australian Grand Prix 2013.
• Jovanka Broz, widow of Josip Broz Tito, died at 88.
• Dipika Pallikal won Macau Open Squash Title 2013.