World This Week: 15 April-21 April 2013
Students who are preparing for the exams can take help from this section in order to understand about the world in a better way...
Students who are preparing for the exams can take help from this section in order to understand about the world in a better way. World this Week section enables the students to get a better peep into the international headlines. It helps you in quickly knowing about the important happenings from pole to pole. Read this section in order to better analyse the happenings of world.
15 April 2013
• 25th joint meeting of UNWTO Commissions inaugurated by Union Tourism Minister.
• India and Malta signed the New DTAA at Valetta, Malta.
16 April 2013
• India and Finland to explore solar energy applications for oil and gas projects.
17 April 2013
• European Union tightened up bank lending rules and bonuses.
• IMF slashed world growth forecast to 3.3 percent for the year 2013.
• Result of Venezuela’s Presidential election declared Nicolas Maduro as winner.
18 April 2013
• Vice-President of India visited Tajikistan, agreed on strengthening strategic partnership.
19 April 2013
• India and China held their first dialogue on Afghanistan in Beijing.
• Falkland Islands voted unanimously to stay under British rule.
• China hiked its defence budget by 10.7 Percent to 119 billion US Dollars.
20 April 2013
• US House of Representatives passed the Cyber Information Sharing and Protection Act.
21 April 2013
• National Thermal Power Corporation and Power Development Bangladesh signed three pacts.