World This Week: 18 November-24 November 2013
World this week is specially designed for students those who are preparing for various competitive exams...
World this week is specially designed for students those who are preparing for various competitive exams and help them to understand the International events in a systematic manner and enriching their knowledge for clearing the exams.
18 November 2013
• India and Australia signed two agreements in New Delhi during the visit of Foreign Minister of Australia, Julie Bishop to India.
• The US space agency NASA launched its MAVEN orbiter Mission to Mars planet.
• Iran unveiled a biggest missile-equipped drone with a range of 2000 km.
• India and Russia agreed to expand the range of strategic partnership in a significant manner in Moscow. The two countries will also hold a Joint Air Force Level exercise for the first time in 2014.
19 November 2013
• The Second Constituent Assembly elections were held for Nepal.
• The UN General Assembly’s human rights committee passed a resolution urging Myanmar to give the stateless Rohingya minority equal access to citizenship.
• Nicolas Maduro, the President of Venezuela got the final approval to special powers by Venezuela National Assembly.
• Frederick Sanger, a British biochemist who is the only person to win Nobel Prize two times for Chemistry died in Cambridge, eastern England.
• The World Toilet Day (WTD) was observed across the world.
20 November 2013
• India and Vietnam signed eight agreements in areas of defence and security, oil exploration, civil aviation and scientific research.
• The 18th International Children's Film Festival concluded in Hyderabad, India. A Dutch Film named Kauwboy, directed by Boudewijn Koole won the Golden Elephant Award for best film in the 'International Live Action' category.
• Malala Yousafzai, Pakistani teenage activist received the EU's Sakharov human rights prize for her brave crusade for the right of the children to education.
21 November 2013
• Nisha Desai Biswal was sworn in as the US Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asia.
• Prime Minister of India Dr. Manmohan Singh inaugurated the 3rd BRICS International Competition Conference in New Delhi, India.
22 November 2013
• The Heads of the Competition Authorities of BRICS Nations signed a Joint Accord namely Delhi Accord at 3rd BRICS International Competition Conference (ICC) at New Delhi, India.
• Priti Patel, an Indian Origin British MP has been honoured with the prestigious Asian Trader Editor’s Award.
• The 9th North East Business summit began at Dibrugarh in Assam, India.
23 November 2013
• China announced that it was set up an Air Defence Identification Zone over an area in the East China Sea.
• The COP-19, UN Climate Change Conference 2013 concluded in Warsaw, Poland by approving the new global treaty.
24 November 2013
• Iran and P5+1 group of Nations reached a breakthrough deal to curb Iran's nuclear programme in exchange for limited sanctions relief.
• The Loya Jirga, Afghanistan’s Grand Assembly of tribal elders and elite persons gave its consent on the issue of signing the Afghan-US Bilateral Security Agreement that would pave the way for the continuation of some US troops in the country after 2014.