World this week is specially designed for students those who are preparing for various competitive exams and help them to understand the International events in a systematic manner and enriching their knowledge for clearing the exams.
18 November 2013
• India and Australia signed two agreements in New Delhi during the visit of Foreign Minister of Australia, Julie Bishop to India.
• The US space agency NASA launched its MAVEN orbiter Mission to Mars planet.
• Iran unveiled a biggest missile-equipped drone with a range of 2000 km.
• India and Russia agreed to expand the range of strategic partnership in a significant manner in Moscow. The two countries will also hold a Joint Air Force Level exercise for the first time in 2014.
19 November 2013
• The Second Constituent Assembly elections were held for Nepal.
• The UN General Assembly’s human rights committee passed a resolution urging Myanmar to give the stateless Rohingya minority equal access to citizenship.
• Nicolas Maduro, the President of Venezuela got the final approval to special powers by Venezuela National Assembly.
• Frederick Sanger, a British biochemist who is the only person to win Nobel Prize two times for Chemistry died in Cambridge, eastern England.
• The World Toilet Day (WTD) was observed across the world.
20 November 2013
• India and Vietnam signed eight agreements in areas of defence and security, oil exploration, civil aviation and scientific research.
• The 18th International Children's Film Festival concluded in Hyderabad, India. A Dutch Film named Kauwboy, directed by Boudewijn Koole won the Golden Elephant Award for best film in the 'International Live Action' category.
• Malala Yousafzai, Pakistani teenage activist received the EU's Sakharov human rights prize for her brave crusade for the right of the children to education.
21 November 2013
• Nisha Desai Biswal was sworn in as the US Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asia.
• Prime Minister of India Dr. Manmohan Singh inaugurated the 3rd BRICS International Competition Conference in New Delhi, India.
22 November 2013
• The Heads of the Competition Authorities of BRICS Nations signed a Joint Accord namely Delhi Accord at 3rd BRICS International Competition Conference (ICC) at New Delhi, India.
• Priti Patel, an Indian Origin British MP has been honoured with the prestigious Asian Trader Editor’s Award.
• The 9th North East Business summit began at Dibrugarh in Assam, India.
23 November 2013
• China announced that it was set up an Air Defence Identification Zone over an area in the East China Sea.
• The COP-19, UN Climate Change Conference 2013 concluded in Warsaw, Poland by approving the new global treaty.
24 November 2013
• Iran and P5+1 group of Nations reached a breakthrough deal to curb Iran's nuclear programme in exchange for limited sanctions relief.
• The Loya Jirga, Afghanistan’s Grand Assembly of tribal elders and elite persons gave its consent on the issue of signing the Afghan-US Bilateral Security Agreement that would pave the way for the continuation of some US troops in the country after 2014.