World This Week: 2 December-8 December 2013
World this Week will focus on important developments across the length and breadth of the world.
World this Week will focus on important developments across the length and breadth of the world. Students preparing for the competitive exams would know about the latest happenings of the world. It will help them to understand the world events in a systematic manner and enriching their knowledge for clearing the exams.
2 December 2013
• China successfully sent an unmanned lunar probe- Chang'e-3-with a robotic rover to soft land on the Moon, and to explore moon’s surface.
• International Day for Abolition of Slavery was observed across the world to create awareness about abolition of slavery.
3 December 2013
• The 9th WTO Ministerial Conference is scheduled from 3 December to 6 December 2013 at Bali, Indonesia.
• The 8th Asia Gas Partnership Summit (AGPS) is scheduled from 3 to 4 December 2013 at New Delhi.
• Transparency International released the Global Corruption Perceptions Index 2013 at Berlin, Germany.
4 December 2013
• Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries has decided to maintain the same oil output at 30 million barrel per day for the year 2014.
5 December 2013
• Nelson Mandela, the anti-apartheid revolutionary of South Africa passed away. He was of 95 years old.
• Sri Lanka’s Board of Investment has announced the plans to start eight export processing and industrial zones across the country.
• The International Volunteer Day for Economic and Social Development was observed across the world.
6 December 2013
• UN General Assembly elected Jordan to the UN Security Council as a non-permanent member on to replace Saudi Arabia.
• The World Trade Organization on agreed to allow countries to provide subsidy on staple food crops without any threat of punitive action.
• The Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) on 6 November 2013 said that the unfilled (Category 3) munitions declared by the Syrian Government have been destroyed
7 December 2013
• International Civil Aviation Day was observed on 7 December 2013 to highlight the importance of civil aviation for social and economic development.
• Miss Venezuela Alyz Henrich was crowned with the pageant of Miss Earth 2013 at the Versailles Palace, Philippines.
• Ali Osman Taha, the Vice President of Sudan resigned to pave way for the new Government.
8 December 2013
• South Korea stated that it had expanded its Air Defence Identification Zone (ADIZ) for the first time in six decades over East China Sea.
• Democrat Party- the Thailand’s main opposition party resigned from Parliament.
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the Current Affairs