World This Week: 20 May-26 May 2013
World this Week enables the students in revising their preparation for the competitive exams in a better and faster approach...
World this Week enables the students in revising their preparation for the competitive exams in a better and faster approach. The international headlines are mentioned here in an excellent way. These headlines allow the students in preparing for the learnt syllabus in a fast and calculative approach. By reading this section, the students can easily go through the international section and revise this section.
20 May 2013
• North Korea test fired four missiles off coast in two days.
• India asked for more market access from Japan during the visit of Anand Sharma.
• The Law on Elimination of Violence against women blocked in Afghanistan.
• Work on world's biggest hydroelectric Inga Dam on Congo River to start in 2015.
• India’s investments in Sri Lanka reach 1 billion dollars mark.
21 May 2013
• MoU signed between India and United Kingdom on cooperation in health sector
• Indo-Swiss bilateral meeting concluded at Geneva on sidelines of World Health Assembly.
• India and China signed MoUs to address concerns on trade deficit.
• India and China set 100-billion targets for financial year 2014-15.
• US senators approved 5000 visas for Tibet refugees.
22 May 2013
• The second US-India Homeland Security Dialogue was held in Washington.
• Indo-China bilateral meet on healthcare sector held in Geneva.
23 May 2013
• President Robert Mugabe signed Zimbabwe's new constitution into law.
24 May 2013
• Barack Obama defended use of drones and called it just war of self defence.
• Carole King became the first woman to receive Gershwin Prize.
• US Senate confirmed Srinivasan as top US Court Judge to the District of Columbia Circuit.
25 May 2013
• Dan Brown’s book Inferno irked Authorities of Manila
26 May 2013
• Mumbai Indians defeated Chennai Super Kings in final to lift its first IPL Trophy.