World this Week will focus on certain developments across the length and breadth of the world. Students preparing for the competitive exams would know about the latest happenings of the world. You will know about some of the interesting facts and news that developed in the world. By reading this section, you would be able to get a quick peep into latest developments of the world.
21 October 2013
• Election Commission of Maldives announced new schedule for presidential polls.
• The 14th India-Russia annual summit held at Moscow.
• UK to build its first nuclear plant called Hinkley Point C in two decades.
• 2nd India-Philippines joint commission on bilateral cooperation held at Manila.
22 October 2013
• India-Bangladesh inked pact for enhanced trade facilitation and combating tax evasion.
23 October 2013
• India and China signed 9 MoUs including the border defence cooperation agreement.
• India and China signed Border Defence Cooperation Agreement (BDCA).
• Islamic criminal law introduced by Brunei Sultan.
• Envoys of four nations presented credentials to the President of India.
• Extradition treaty between India and Bangladesh came into effect.
• Chinese power companies agreed to establish base in India.
24 October 2013
• Ethiopia banned its citizens from travelling abroad for work.
• Syria submitted chemical arms destruction plan to OPCW.
25 October 2013
• Government of Venezuela created Vice Ministry of Supreme Social Happiness.
• The Parliament of Russia passed Anti-Terror Bill.
• Madagascar held its first presidential election after the 2009 Coup.
• Nobel Memorial Wall inaugurated at Kolkata by the Swedish Ambassador.
26 October 2013
• Mother Teresa Memorial International Award for Social Justice 2013 presented to Sushmita Sen.
27 October 2013
• India and Peru jointly celebrated the 50th year of establishment of diplomatic ties.
• Lou Reed, the renowned rocker and solo performer, passed away at 71.