World This Week: 22 July-28 July 2013
World this week is the section where the students get an overall understanding about the news headlines that kept the world interested.
World this week is the section where the students get an overall understanding about the news headlines that kept the world interested. By reading this section, the students can hurriedly read through the lines and know about the happenings of the world. By reading this section, the students can know about the latest happenings that took place in the world.
22 July 2013
• Panel appointed by Interim President started Egypt Constitution amendment task.
• Japan's ruling coalition won majority in Upper House.
• Prince Philippe sworn in as the seventh king of Belgium.
• EU agreed to list the military wing of Hezbollah as a terrorist organisation.
23 July 2013
• India and Nigeria signed agreement for solar power plants.
24 July 2013
• 14th Meet of Home Secretaries of India and Bangladesh concluded at New Delhi.
• Supreme Court of Pakistan directed election commission to hold presidential election.
25 July 2013
• India, Belarus signed protocol to enhance trade ties.
• USA decided to stop the delivery of Four F-16 Fighters to Egypt.
• India and China focussed on additional confidence building measures.
26 July 2013
• Wikileaks founder Julian Assange launched political party in Australia.
• New Prince of Britain, the royal baby, named George Alexander Louis.
27 July 2013
• India's advanced weather satellite INSAT-3d successfully launched.
28 July 2013
• Israel agreed to release 104 Palestinian prisoners.