World this week is a special section that allows a peep into the overall happenings of the world. This section facilitates students in understanding about the major headlines that kept everyone engrossed. By reading the World This Week section, students can easily and quickly grasp the happenings at the international level. Therefore, the students can know about the happenings of the world in a faster and quicker manner through the World This Week section.
23 September 2013
• 7th India-Russia Trade Investment Forum held in St. Petersburg.
• G20 Summit 2013 took place in St. Petersburg, Russia.
• Grameen Bank to be brought under Central Bank Jurisdiction in Bangladesh.
• India and China signed 15 MoUs for procuring 338 Million USD Indian products.
• Egypt court banned Muslim Brotherhood.
• Angela Merkel won third term in German elections.
• Typhoon Usagi hit Shanwei City in China.
• Bunker Roy and Malala Yousafzai selected for Clinton Global Citizens Awards.
• Al-Shabab, a Somali terrorist group attacked the Westgate Mall in Kenyan Capital Nairobi.
24 September 2013
• Cambodia Parliament approved new five year term for Hun Sen as Prime Minister.
• 33rd Asian and Pacific Conference of Correctional Administrators (APCCA) inaugurated.
• Nelson Mandela honoured with Humanitarian Achievement Award 2013.
25 September 2013
• General Assembly of the United Nations signed a declaration against sexual violence.
• India and Armenia held Political and Economic Consultations.
• India and China held Sixth Financial Dialogue.
• Ruchira Kamboj appointed the Permanent Representative of India to UNESCO.
• First ever Allard Prize for International Integrity presented to Anna Hazare.
• Pakistan Delegation of Indus Commission visited India.
• Randall Oliphant appointed as the Chairman of the World Gold Council.
26 September 2013
• G-4 Foreign Ministers passed resolution on need for UNSC reforms.
• Ukraine signed natural gas production-sharing Agreement with Exxon and Shell.
• Sri Srinivasan was sworn in as Judge of US Court.
• UN-backed Court upheld war crimes convictions of Charles Taylor.
27 September 2013
• Iraq Ratified Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty (CTBT).
• United Nations Security Council voted to eliminate Syria's chemical weapons.
• India and USA signed a joint declaration in defence cooperation.
• Malala Yousafzai presented with Peter J. Gomes Humanitarian Award by Harvard University.
• Raghuram Rajan awarded with the Fifth Deutsche Bank Prize.
• Navneet Kaur Dhillon won the Multimedia Award at the Miss World 2013.
• World Tourism Day observed on 27 September.
28 September 2013
• Megan Young of Philippines was crowned Miss World 2013.
• World Rabies Day observed on 28 September.
29 September 2013
• 29 September celebrated as the World Heart Day.