World this week covers the important events that happened in the World in the form of headlines to enable candidates to quickly revise and remember the important events prior to giving any exam.
24 February 2014
• The Ugandan President Yoweri-Museveni signs anti-gay bill which imposes tough penalties for homosexual acts.
• The Federation of Nepalese Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FNCCI) and the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) agrees to organise Nepal-India Economic Summit every year.
• Harold Ramis, the American actor, writer and director of classic comedy films died in Chicago. He was 69.
25 February 2014
• Sri Lanka rejects a call by United Nations human rights for an international inquiry.
• Ibrahim Mahlab sworn in as new Egypt Prime Minister. He is a former member of Hosni Mubarak's political party.
• Angela Merkel, the German Chancellor awarded with Israel’s highest civilian honour, the Israeli Presidential Medal of Distinction.
26 February 2014
• India and Saudi Arabia sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on defence cooperation pact to take their strategic partnership further in areas of security.
• Turkish president Abdullah Gul approves the bill on restricting the judicial powers.
• Legendary Spanish guitarist Paco de Lucia passes away in Mexico. He was 66.
27 February 2014
• India and Israel signs an agreement on Cooperation in Public and Homeland security.
28 February 2014
• Britain unveils the world's largest aircraft.
• A US company Media Development Investment Fund (MDIF) plans to build an Outernet - a global network of cube satellites broadcasting Internet data to all the people on the planet - for free.
• India and Iran agree to take a decision on Chabahar Port by March 2014
1 March 2014
• Roger Federer wins Dubai International Open
2 March 2014
• 12 Years a Slave wins the Best Film Award at 86th Oscar Awards ceremony
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.