World this week is specially meant for students, those who are preparing for different competitive exams and help them to understand the world events in a systematic manner and enriching their knowledge for clearing the exams.
25 November 2013
• Thailand Prime Minister declared a special emergency law for Bangkok after riot police and anti-government protesters scuffled in capital.
• India and Malaysia signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to strengthen co-operation in public administration and governance.
26 November 2013
• North Atlantic Treaty Organization launched a three-day cyber defence exercise “Cyber Coalition 2013” at Estonia.
• Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif launched the construction of the country's biggest Nuclear power project.
27 November 2013
• Italian Senate expelled ex- Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi from Parliament over his tax fraud conviction.
• Bureau International des Expositions (BIE) voted in favour of Dubai to be the host city for the World Trade Fair or EXPO 2020.
• Nawaz Sharifappointed Lt Gen Raheel Sharif as the new Chief of Army Staff and Lt Gen Rashad Mahmood as the Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee.
28 November 2013
• Belgium has opened a Consulate General of Belgium in Chennai. The consulate was inaugurated by Princess Astrid of Belgium.
• European Union has signed an agreement to provide the financial assistance worth 122 million dollar to Egypt to tide over the financial crisis.
29 November 2013
• United States of America exempted some countries, including India and China, from the tough Iranian sanctions for reducing their dependence on Iranian oil.
30 November 2013
• Pakistan's Prime Minister, Nawaz Sharif has visted Afghanistan for the first time since he took office in May 2013 as part of the efforts to revive the Afghan peace process.
• United Nations has called for more international support to Lebanon to tackle the Syrian refugee crisis.
•] Sri Lanka has scrapped a 100 percent surcharge on gold imports and cut import duty from 10 to 7.5 percent with immediate effect to help its jewelry industry
1 December 2013
• An Egyptian constitutional panel has approved a new draft constitution, which upholds powers of the country’s military.
• New Syrian strike near Aleppo kills 11 people
• Paul Walker of fast and furious fame died in car accident
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the Current Affairs Group
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.