World this week section here will help you in briefly understanding about what all happened in the world over the week. This section is for the busy students who want to get a peep into everything important without getting a detailed analysis. World this week section enables you to know about the headlines of the week.
26 August 2013
• The Government of Brazil liberalised issuing short term work visas.
• Bangladesh developed world's first zinc-enriched rice variety.
27 August 2013
• IBSA issued statement on the Middle East peace process.
28 August 2013
• UN High Commissioner for Human Rights visited Jaffna and other war-affected Sri Lankan areas.
29 August 2013
• India proposed to set-up JBWG with Myanmar to address border demarcation issue.
• China dismissed Japan's proposal to hold talks over disputed islands.
• UN Security Council failed to reach an agreement on the use of military force against Syria.
• Second ASEAN Defence Ministers’ Meeting (Plus) issued the Joint Declaration.
• China and Pakistan to hold joint air exercise called Shaheen (Eagle)-2.
30 August 2013
• The Social Security Agreement between India and Canada Approved.
31 August 2013
• Sun burn response in whales can give clues to anti ageing in humans: Research.
• Bayern Munich won Super Cup 2013 after defeating Chelsea.
1 September 2013
• India announced an aid of 5000 crore Rupees to Bhutan.
• United States launched an Investigation into Indian Trade Policies.
• UN Human Rights Chief: Sri Lanka heading in an authoritarian direction.
• Egypt destroyed 10 tunnels beneath Border with Gaza.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.