World this Week will focus on certain developments across the length and breadth of the world. Students preparing for the competitive exams would know about the latest happenings of the world. You will know about some of the interesting facts and news that developed in the world. By reading this section, you would be able to get a quick peep into latest developments of the world.
27 May 2013
• China commissioned Satellite Data Receiving Station.
• India and Saudi Arabia to further strengthen counter-terrorism cooperation.
28 May 2013
• European Union lifted arms embargo on Syrian Rebels.
• Mali's Presidential Election to be held on 28 July 2013.
• President of Afghanistan Hamid Karzai was on two days visit to India from 20-22 May 2013.
29 May 2013
• India, USA and Australia joined hands to develop climate-resilient crops.
• IMF lowered its forecast for China's economic growth rate at 7.75 percent.
30 May 2013
• Foreign Minister of Cuba Bruno Rodriguez Parrilla visited India.
• Ang Dami Sherpa, pregnant runner won women’s Everest Marathon.
• Seventh Edition of the Regional Pravasi Bhartiya Divas was held in Sydney.
• Peter Higgs, Francois Englert received award for God particle discovery.
31 May 2013
• India, Thailand signed Extradition Treaty nearly after two decades of negotiations.
• US issued sanctions against top aide of Iran's Ayatollah Khamenei over alleged human rights abuse.
1 June 2013
• Rotary India offered help to Pakistan for polio vaccination.
• Japan and South Korea suspended US wheat imports.
2 June 2013
• UN Security Council imposed sanctions on the Syrian rebel group.
• India and Nepal agreed to address each other's security concerns.