A compilation of all the important topics and events of the week is given here. Update your Current Affairs Weekly with our World This Week. With this section, you will be able to grasp a quick knowledge about the international happenings of the world throughout the week. Read this section to quickly know about the international current affairs in brief.
28 October 2013
• Hamid Ansari launched the Indian Chambers of Commerce in Lima, Peru.
• P.S. Raghavan appointed as the next Russian Ambassador.
29 October 2013
• Turkey opened world’s first underwater rail link between two continents.
• Brazil announced to produce low-cost Measles and Rubella vaccine for developing nations.
• India and Peru signed MoUs to strengthen bilateral cooperation.
• World Health Organisation confirmed 10 cases of Polio in Syria after 14 years.
• US announced grant for women's safety in Delhi.
• Australia announced to end its military mission in Afghanistan.
• United Nations General Assembly voted against US Embargo on Cuba.
• India ranked 134th spot in the ease of doing business list: WB.
• Bollywood actress Kareena Kapoor honoured in the House of Commons.
• World's first bitcoin ATM launched in Vancouver, Canada.
30 October 2013
• India and Cuba signed MoU for cooperation in broadcasting between Prasar Bharati and ICRT.
• Vice-President of India, Hamid Ansari visited Cuba.
• Srishti Rana of India was crowned Miss Asia Pacific World 2013.
31 October 2013
• China opened new highway linking Medog to Zhamog; near to Arunachal Pradesh border.
• Syria chemical weapons equipment destroyed: OPCW.
• India developed surface-to-surface missile Pragati.
• Scientists discovered a new planet called Kepler 78b.
• India won gold in 18th Asian Archery Competition at Chinese Taipei.
1 November 2013
• India and Vietnam signed treaty on the transfer of sentenced prisoners.
2 November 2013
• Rohit Sharma became third cricketer in the world to score a double hundred in ODI.
3 November 2013
• Indian Men's hockey team qualified for Hockey World Cup 2014.
• Novak Djokovic won BNP Paribas Masters Tennis Tournament 2013.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.