World This Week: 29 April-5 May 2013
World this Week is the special section that helps the students in preparing for competitive exams...
World this Week is the special section that helps the students in preparing for competitive exams. This is a special which helps the students in knowing about the happenings of the world in short and crisp approach. The international headlines here allow the students in knowing about the important current affairs of the world. Through this section, the students can understand the international section in a better way.
29 April 2013
• The 3rd Ministerial Conference of the Istanbul Process was held in Almaty.
• India and Saudi Arabia decided to set up a Joint Working Group to address Nitaqat Law.
30 April 2013
• Dutch Queen Beatrix abdicated in favour of son Willem Alexander.
• Serbia and Kosovo reached agreement on Power-Sharing.
1 May 2013
• Abdul Hamid was sworn in as Bangladesh President to replace Zillur Rahman.
• Lifetime ban on Pervez Musharraf for contesting elections.
2 May 2013
• Nevada became first US State to legalise online casino.
• Ireland unveiled the Protection of Life during Pregnancy Bill.
3 May 2013
• Maryland became the first southern US state to abolish death penalty.
4 May 2013
• Japan concluded a deal with UAE for transferring the nuclear power technology.
• New gas reserve discovered in Southern Sindh Province of Pakistan.
• India granted consular access to Pakistan on daily basis.
5 May 2013
• The 17th session of the India-Iran Joint Commission was held in Tehran.
• British Territories signed deal on sharing tax information.