World this week is the section where the students get an overall understanding about the news headlines that kept the world interested. By reading this section, the students can hurriedly read through the lines and know about the happenings of the world. By reading this section, the students can know about the latest happenings that took place in the world.
29 July 2013
• Cambodian Election 2013: Hun Sen's ruling party claimed victory.
30 July 2013
• Executive Programme for Cultural Cooperation signed between India and Senegal.
• IMF approved 1.7 Billion Euros for Greece's bailout programme.
• Saudi Arabia awarded 22 Billion US Dollar contracts for development of metro line in Riyadh.
31 July 2013
• India and Afghanistan signed MoUs under SDP Scheme.
• Mamnoon Hussain, the India-Born Pakistani businessman, elected as the President of Pakistan.
• The US Senate approved James Comey to be the next director of FBI.
• President of Ireland signed the Abortion Bill into law.
1 August 2013
• IOC sold exclusive broadcasting rights for 2014, 2016 Olympics to STAR India.
2 August 2013
• China agreed to set-up 4 coal-fired power plants at Gadani, Balochistan.
• USA and China held discussions on Human Rights issues.
• Russia granted asylum to Edward J. Snowden.
• Angelina Jolie declared as the highest paid actress of Hollywood by Forbes.
3 August 2013
• Runa Laila, the SAARC Goodwill Ambassador for HIV/AIDS visited India.
• US announced grant for victims of Oak Creek shootout.
4 August 2013
• US temporarily closed Diplomatic Missions after intercepting al-Qaeda threats.
• Zimbabwe Parliamentary Election 2013: Zanu-PF, the party of Robert Mugabe declared winner.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.