World This Week: 3 June-9 June 2013
A compilation of all the important topics and events of the week is given here...
A compilation of all the important topics and events of the week is given here. Update your Current Affairs Weekly with our World This Week. With this section, you will be able to grasp a quick knowledge about the international happenings of the world throughout the week. Read this section to quickly know about the international current affairs in brief.
3 June 2013
• Supreme Court of Egypt invalidated the country's Shura Council.
• China and the US agreed to hold high level talks on cybersecurity and commercial spying.
• Nigeria's Parliament passed a bill criminalising gay marriage.
4 June 2013
• India and Singapore reaffirmed their strong defence ties.
• More than 65 countries across the world signed the Arms Trade Treaty.
• US slapped sanction on Iran's currency for the first time.
• India banned trade of nuke items, wagons with N Korea.
5 June 2013
• The Government of Bangladesh approved the draft law for Protection of Hindu Religious Property.
• Japan unveiled new levitating 500 kmph Maglev Bullet Train.
6 June 2013
• India-Myanmar set three billion dollar trade target by 2015.
• US exempted India and eight other countries for importing oil from Iran.
7 June 2013
• India and Germany inked pact on co-operation in fields of energy and natural resources.
• North Korea proposed talks with South Korea on different issues.
8 June 2013
• US Surveillance on top Internet servers via PRISM Programme.
9 June 2013
• World Leaders signed agreement to tackle malnutrition.
• North and South Korea held their first official talks after years.
• USA and China discussed cyber security and climate change.