World This Week: 30 September-6 October 2013
If you are preparing for the competitive exams, World this Week section here will help you in getting an insight into the happenings of the world over the week.
If you are preparing for the competitive exams, World this Week section here will help you in getting an insight into the happenings of the world over the week. This section allows you to know about the changes that took place in the world over the week. World this Week enables you to get a short view of the world over the time of one week. Read this section to know more about the happenings of the world over this week.
30 September 2013
• Fourth India-China Border mechanism talks concluded.
• Ranjan Mathai appointed as India's High Commissioner to United Kingdom.
1 October 2013
• India re-elected in the new council of ICAO.
• The National Voluntary Blood Donation day observed on 1 October.
• Tom Clancy, the US thriller author, died at 66 in Baltimore.
• 827 million undernourished people are living in developing countries: UN Report.
• Marylebone cricket club released the 5th edition of the 2000 Code for Laws of Cricket.
2 October 2013
• Gambia decided to withdraw from the Commonwealth.
• The International Day of Non-Violence observed on 2 October.
• Net oil imports of Southeast Asia to be more than double by 2035: IEA.
• India is largest recipient of foreign remittances: World Bank Report.
3 October 2013
• ASI and Google signed agreement for launching 100 heritage sites online.
• Moe Set Wine selected as first miss universe contender to represent Myanmar in 50 years.
4 October 2013
• India signed agreement with IFAD for the Jharkhand Tribal Empowerment Livelihood Project.
• Europalia-India cultural festival was jointly inaugurated.
• A Special Senate Committee voted to strip Silvio Berlusconi of his Parliament Seat.
• General Vo Nguyen Giap, the legendary Vietnamese military commander died at 102.
• Afghanistan qualified for ICC Cricket World Cup 2015.
5 October 2013
• Rival Groups arrived at an Agreement to end the political crisis in Tunisia.
• Tropical storm Karen touched the US Gulf Coast.
• Kalpana Devi won Bronze Medal at the Judo Tournament in Tashkent.
• Pakistan won Under-19 Asian Rugby Championship 2013.
• India and Bangladesh jointly inaugurated India-Bangladesh Grid Inter-connection.
• Sania Mirza-Cara Black won China Open 2013.
6 October 2013
• External Affairs Minister announced that India and Russia will expand civil nuclear cooperation.
• Rohan Bopanna-Edouard Roger Vasselin won Japan Open 2013.
• Afghanistan Cricket Board to get liberal financial aid from ICC after qualifying for WC 2015.
• Mumbai Indians defeated Rajasthan Royals to clinch Champions League Twenty-20.
• Novak Djokovic clinched his 4th China Open Title; defeated Rafael Nadal.