World This Week: 6 May-12 May 2013
World this Week is a special section which allows the students in preparing for the competitive exams...
World this Week is a special section which allows the students in preparing for the competitive exams. This section enables the students in learning about the happenings of the world in an easy and very crisp manner. Through this section, the students can easily prepare for their competitive examinations. Whether it is IAS, SSC or any other examination, students can simply refer to this section to get a quick peep into the happenings of the world.
6 May 2013
• Three Chinese ships sailed into disputed waters of Japan-Controlled Senkaku Islands.
• Libya’s Parliament passed a law banning Gaddafi-era officials from state posts.
• India and China pulled back their troops from Daulat Beg Oldi sector.
• Najib Razak sworn-in as Prime Minister of Malaysia for second term.
7 May 2013
• Saudi Arabia: no extension of grace period for foreigners staying illegally in the country.
• The 14th India-Australia JMC Meeting held in New Delhi.
• Cuba launched complaint against Australian tobacco laws at WTO.
• Pentagon: China exported arms worth 11 Billion US Dollars in 5 Years.
8 May 2013
• World Bank agreed grant of 100mn USD to Afghanistan for expansion of health services.
• Russia and USA announced commitment to negotiate to end Syrian conflict.
9 May 2013
• British Parliament agreed to outlaw caste discrimination.
• Arab League agreed to Israel-Palestine Land Swap Agreement.
10 May 2013
• US slapped sanctions against 4 Iranian nuclear supply companies.
11 May 2013
• Eighth India-Seychelles joint commission meet concluded at New Delhi.
• India and China signed protocol to enhance cooperation between foreign ministries.
12 May 2013
• Iran gave Reuters permission to reopen its Tehran Bureau.