World this Week is a special section that is aimed at those students who need to get a quick recap of the international news stories and current affairs over the week. By reading this section, the students can easily find out the important stories of the international importance over the week. This section is like the speed international news which allows the students in getting a quick look at the stories of the international importance.
8 April 2013
• Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina rejected new anti-blasphemy law demands of Islamists.
• China announced sightseeing cruises to disputed Paracel Islands.
• Pakistan Supreme Court announced that Musharraf cannot leave country.
• Wikileaks published more than 1.7 million US diplomatic records.
9 April 2013
• Syria rejected UN proposal to probe reports of possible chemical weapon use in country.
• World's largest private yacht named Azzam launched by German shipyard.
• Iran began production at two uranium mines and a Yellow Cake Plant.
• USA Government approved military assistance to Somalia.
10 April 2013
• General elections in Malaysia scheduled to be held on 5 May 2013.
11 April 2013
• India and Russia signed Regulation of Co-operation Agreement at Moscow.
• Fourth meeting of INDIA-MONGOLIA Joint Committee on Cooperation.
12 April 2013
• India and Bangladesh discussed for a Joint Collaboration on Mega-Film on Liberation War.
• World Bank announced a multi-billion dollar plan for poverty alleviation in Indian states.
• India and Mauritius signed a Memorandum of Understanding on Electoral Cooperation.
• Chamber of Deputies of Uruguay passed Amended Marriage Equality Bill 2013.
• FICCI sponsored Indian parliamentary delegation to Lanka concluded its visit.
• Prime Minister of India Visited Germany and important documents were signed.
13 April 2013
• Two Day India-China counter-terrorism dialogue on Afghanistan ended.
14 April 2013
• IMF recognized Somalia’s new government after a 22-year break.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.