Zubin Mehta won special jury award of Times Now NRI Awards 2014
Renowned music director and concert conductor Zubin Mehta on 30 March 2014 won the special jury award of Times Now NRI Awards 2014.
Renowned music director and concert conductor Zubin Mehta on 30 March 2014 won the special jury award of Times Now NRI Awards 2014. The award ceremony was held in Mumbai.
Other winners of inaugral Times Now NRI Award 2014
• Yusuff Ali M A, managing director of Abu Dhabi-based Emke Lulu group was given the popular choice award
• Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan was named India's global icon
• Keertika Rawat was awarded in the entertainment category
• Dr Kunal Saha won the NRI award in My India category
• Dr Raminder Singh Ranger, Rupesh Srivastava, Anand Kumar and Nitish Jain were awarded in the entrepreneur category
• Husain Khaki, Mala Kiran Talekar, Abdul Muqeet and Aastha Chauhan won the awards in the NRI students category
• Dr Ramesh Babu, Chandrabhan Singh, Chandrashekar Natarajan, Y Sudhir Kumar Shetty and Venkatesha Murthy won the award in professional category
• Suman Kapoor, Vijay Goradia, Keshav Murleedharan and Dr D Chandroo were felicitated for philanthropy
About Times Now NRI Awards 2014
To recognize the successful Indians globally and to celebrate their achievements, Times Now announced NRI Awards in February 2014.
The award recognises non-resident Indians' contribution across categories, including entrepreneurship, arts, entertainment and philanthropy.
This award is open to any Non Resident Indian (NRI), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) and Person of Indian origin (PIO) who has resided in USA, Canada, Singapore, UK, Middle East including Dubai, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar and Kuwait for a minimum of 2 years and will have a five tier evaluation process managed by Ernst & Young. Times Now is the largest media conglomerate of India with a presence in over 75 countries.
About Zubin Mehta
Zubin Mehta is an Indian Parsi conductor of Western classical music. He is the Music Director for Life of the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra and the Main Conductor for Valencia's opera house.
The Government of India honoured Mehta in 1966 with the Padma Bhushan and in 2001 with the Padma Vibhushan, second highest civilian award of India.